Sunday, June 22, 2008

The baby and me

I just realized I hadn't given a baby update in a while. We have been so busy on the weekends, that I have forgot to update you on my Dr's appointments and everything that goes on during the week. So..... here is a quick update.

I have been going to the OB's office every 2 weeks for appointments. That will all change next week. Next week I start my weekly appointments b/c I will officially be 35th (starting my 36th) weeks pregnant. My upcoming appointment will be a regular one - she listens to the heartbeat, measures from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus to estimate how much the baby has grown, looks at my fat ankes, etc. Next week she will also prick my finger to take a small blood sample to test my iron levels (I have been taking a supplement, but now we'll see if it's been working).

At my last visit, about a week ago, I was measuring 33 inches (this about right because it's supposed to roughly correspond to the number of weeks you are pregnant) and I had gained about 21 lbs from the start of the pregnancy. However, I am a little scared about my upcoming visit - I am weighing in (on my scales) a little heavier and definitely feeling a lot bigger! It's amazing how much things can change in a week or two.

I have also been having weekly appointments with a Chiropractor at Jess's school. I am involved in a pregnancy study at the school where I receive free care. They are doing some soft tissue work on me and it is supposed to help ease the birthing process (less tearing, easier labor, faster labor, etc). I don't have any other labor to compare it to, but so far they have seen positive results in all their patients before me. They tell me I will be a good benchmark because I am one of their most active patients (still walking 2 miles about 5-6 days/week).

That's all I have for now. Let's pray it stays cool enough for me to keep up those walks!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Raber said...

Hi Tara,
My name is Laura Raber and I'm originally from Odon, IN. My husband Matt used to work at the bank with Debbie...I know who Jessie is too. We moved to western Illinois in January. Feel free to check out our blog too...raberrewind.blogspot.com and congratulations on your baby boy who you will see very soon!

Shannon said...

Hey Tara! Shannon Crane... glad to see you are doing well. Can you believe your little guy is almost here... standing in your mom's kitchen with you guys seemed like just yesterday. We'll keep you in our prayers for a healthy and safe delivery of your sweet baby boy!!! Enjoy your last few weeks!