Friday, February 13, 2009

Let it shine

Well, we are off to Indiana for a long weekend at home with our family and friends. It's hard to believe it's been a month since we've been back – time seems to fly. The purpose of this post is 3-fold.


Let it Shine
This post is also meant to commemorate the life of little baby Andon Knepp. A friend of mine, Courtney Owens is holding a blogging memorial to commemorate Andon's life that was lost all too soon. The strength, love and support that has been shown to his family, in the blogging world alone, is such inspiration and truly remarkable. I don't even know this family personally, but feel their pain and have prayed for them constantly. I plan to Let It Shine in 2 ways. The 1st is to sing my morning song to Jack in memory of Andon "Rise and shine and give God your glory glory, rise and shine and give God your glory glory, rise and shine and give God your glory glory, children of the Lord". The second way is by calling a friend of mine who is going through a rough time and showering her with love and support. The kind of love and support that Andon and his family would want me to show to her on this Valentine's Day and everyday.

Let it Shine
I'm ready for the sun to start shining and Spring to make its way in. Sure we've had a few nice days here and there, but for the most part we've had snow, ice, rain and COLD days! I am very ready for that sun to start shining and to start taking walks with Jess and Jack again. I feel like these winter days are so repetitive….get up, get ready for work, feed Jack breakfast (if I'm lucky, I get breakfast too), take Jack to the sitters, work all day, pick Jack up, come home, fix supper, clean up supper, feed Jack supper, watch tv, pack for the next day, get ready for bed. And then wake up again just to do it all over again!

Let it Shine
Lastly, I'm excited to be heading home this weekend to celebrate with Brent, Abby and baby Cale Colbert Baker. Cale was born Super Bowl Sunday and while I have seen pictures, I want to hold that little boy and let my love shine all over him. I've talked to her several times but it's just not the same as being there. I will post pictures as soon as we get back.

Everyone enjoy your Valentine's Day weekend. Here are the latest pictures of Jack (not up on all 4's yet, but getting closer)!




Photobucket

4 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Thanks for joining in Tara! And big Jack is getting so BIG and even cuter than ever! :)

Shannon said...

Sweet post, and sweet pics Tara! I can just picture you singing that morning song to your baby... that is so precious!

Enjoy your visit with family and friends!

Chelsa said...

thank you for doing a post in memory of our precious andon! we appreciate it so much! *the knepps*

Ali Gish said...

Soo cute Tara!! He is getting sooo big! Can't wait to see you guys hopefully soon. (Thanks for the phone call! It meant more to me than you will ever know!!) :)