Sunday, February 1, 2009

A "Super" 6 months!


On this Super Bowl Sunday, I'm going to take a few minutes to document Jack's 6th month. We went for his checkup on Friday and he weighed in at 19 lbs 14 oz (might as well round up to 20) and was 28 inches long. Truthfully, not as big as I thought he was going to be based on his weight at Christmas time. He is a lot more active than he was 1 month ago, so maybe he's burning off some extra calories! He is out of most of his 12 mo clothing now and into 18 mo clothes!

This month he is starting to roll very well to both sides from his back to his tummy. He can't quite get the hang of rolling from tummy to back yet. As I mentioned in a previous post, he is sleeping through the night. He goes down like clockwork at 9 pm and wakes at 7 each morning. I am able to lay him down fully awake for naps and nighttime and he is able to soothe himself to sleep. Occasionally it's after a few minutes of crying, but usually he's very good. He is definitely a belly sleeper - even when I put him down on his back he'll immediately turn to his side or belly. He is taking 2-3 naps per day and eats/nurses 5 times per day, about 6 oz each time. We started foods at 5 months and he is now eating rice cereal w/ fruit in the mornings and evenings and some kind of veggie at noon. He loves his food - and eats very well from a spoon. When he started eating solids, he also started leaving solids in his diaper too. While this much easier to clean up, it seems like they are much more stinky! He still has his two teeth that he's had since 3 months old, no more yet. He started sitting him in a reclining high chair to eat (easier on me and he seems to like it too).

He sits better when supported and loves to look into the mirror. He chuckles at that strange baby he sees staring back at him. I have learned to live with a spit-streaked mirror because of how much he loves to put his slobbery hands all over it! He is still sticking anything and everything in his mouth. His favorite toys are still the same as last month - talking book and singing turtle. He has started pushing up on both his hands and lifting his chest off the floor. He can't seem to get up on all 4 yet though. I'm thankful for this. I'm not ready for him to start moving around yet (and neither is my house)!


He is so much fun to be around. Such a pleasant baby and so happy most of the time. We thank God for him everyday!



Congratulations Abby and Brent on a healthy 7 lb 9 oz, 20 1/2 in. baby boy! I just received the news! I'm sure there will be more details to follow on the Armes Family Blog http://armesfam.blogspot.com/ in a day or so. Can't wait to meet the little guy!


Photobucket

No comments: