Sunday, March 29, 2009

8 Months Old and Crawling!


Jack is 8 months old today. It's amazing to think back to this time last year - I was barely even showing my first signs of pregnancy. This month Jack is all over the place.... literally! On Sunday, March 22nd Jack started crawling. It was amazing! He has been scooting and doing the "inchworm" (as I call it) for weeks, but Sunday he began actually placing 1 hand in front of the other and really moving. At the beginning of the day he would take a step or two and then stop, then another, stop, then another. By the end of the day, he was following me to the kitchen, the bathroom and back to the office. Poor little guy's knees were all red at the end of the day! Jess and I loved seeing the progression in just a short period of time. And we were so fortunate that he did it on a weekend when we could both be here to witness his big "steps".

Jack is also getting more teeth. This will make 6+ (that I can see). He has the top and bottom front 2, and now the ones on the sides (top and bottom) are coming in. I think he'll have a mouthful at 9 months! I am still nursing - so far so good... no biting. I am going to try and nurse through at least 9 months and maybe 10 if it's still the right thing for Jack and I. He takes the bottle really well, but still likes the comfort of nursing, especially at night and in the morning. He still takes 2 6-oz bottles for the sitter during the day and he eats fruit w/ cereal in the morning and evening, with a veggie at lunch time. He still likes all foods w/ the exception of peaches (must be the tartness).

He still sleeps through the night, but on occasion (when cutting a tooth) he wakes up a time or two and just wants to be held. On weekdays, he has been waking up around 6. I'm usually up then, but I'd love for him to sleep a little longer to let me get ready in the morning. Hey, a mom can wish can't she?!

This month some of Jack's favorite toys are his playmat mirror, his squeaky fish, and his mirror piano and music player. He also likes looking at a chewable picture book, filled with pictures of Jess and I and both grandparents.

One of my favorite things to do is to just sit back and watch him. I love to watch his curiousity and imagine what he is thinking, especially now that he is making decisions on where to crawl next and which toy to play with and how he can go around obstacles to get what he wants.

Below are a few pictures from Jack's 8th month and a few pictures that I took of Jack this weekend while my parents visited. Can't wait to come "home" for Easter and see all my family and friends.





Photobucket

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww Hi Tara! I came across your blog and your little one is precious! I Love the pic of him and his daddy its adorable! Time flies when you have children my "baby" just turned 3 on Valentine's day!! He starts preschool in September :o( Cherish all these moments!!

Have a Good Night,

Debbie said...

Oh my, he looks so big sitting on your mom's lap, like a little boy
not a baby. I love the sleeping picture. Can't wait to see you on Easter.

Love, Debbie

Ali Gish said...

Tara he is so stinking cute!! Copeland is looking at these pictures with me and he's saying "baby, baby". I told him that is Jack and they are buddies! :) Can't wait to see you all again!!