This morning started off like any other morning.... I was running late, Jack was whining because his teeth hurt and Jess was getting ready for his 1st day of preceptorship at a local chiropractic office. Jack was extra fussy this morning (as he has been the last few mornings) because he is cutting teeth. I broke down and gave him a few drops of baby Tylenol because I could tell he was miserable.
Fast forward 20 minutes... Jack and I were sitting crossways in oncoming traffic after a man hit us head on, on the passenger front side, on my way to drop Jack off at the sitters. We were both relatively uninjured. Jack was asleep in the back seat of the car and awoke on impact. Thank goodness he is ok..... not a scratch, bruise or scape. God was definitely watching over us. And this provided him protection. We were both seen by Dr's at St. John's Mercy Medical Center here in STL and were released. I have a seat belt bruise, a few air bag burns, some bruising on my legs and a really sore left arm/shoulder. All in all, pretty good. I'm sure I will be more sore tomorrow. Here is a picture of Jack and his first (hopefully last) ambulance ride.
It is an extremely busy road with lots of people traveling both directions. A pastor was the first man to offer his assistance and his cell phone to call Jess. Another woman I didn't even know started praying over me. I believe the man who hit us just dropped his child/children off at school and he was pulling out across traffic to travel the opposite direction I was headed. He was extremely nice and apologetic, especially after he saw me pull Jack from the vehicle. His Mercedes is totaled and I believe my car is a total loss as well. The important things in my life have been spared and for that I am beyond grateful, but my beautiful, wonderful car was not and this makes me sad. So sad I might cry (for the 1,000th time today).
The next few days/weeks will be interesting.... I see a rental car in my future, many phone calls to the insurance company and stress as we look for another vehicle AND try to move home (in 2 weeks).
The day can only go up from here (I think)!

10 comments:
Tara that is so scary!! But I am glad you and Jack are ok!!
PRAISE THE LORD you two are okay. You are so fortunate to have walked away as you did. God was looking out for you. I'm so thankful you and Jack were spared. On a lighter note, if we can help any way as your moving, let us know!
OH! I am so sorry this happened to you guys! I always say there is a silver lining to all the bad and yucky things that happen--maybe this wreck spared you guys from a worse one just down the road. You never know.
I'm so glad to see you guys are alright!
Tara- I had tears roll down my cheek. Its crazy how fast these things can happen. This post brings back many memories for me! All I know to say is "GOD IS GOOD".
We are glad to hear you guys are okay! I am sorry that you had to go through something like this though, and at least you have a good chiropractor.
We did get the chicco carseat on your recommendation, and now we know it is a good one. So glad that Jack wasn't hurt. XOXO, Beth (Pete, and Theo)
Im soo glad you both are okay... How scary!! I hope ur bruises go away soon and ur not in too much pain!
Praise the Lord for your & Jack's protection.
So glad you and Jack are ok - I will be praying for you the next few days as you deal with being so sore! The picture of poor little Jack in the ambulance is heartbreaking - but I'm so glad you guys are ok!!!!
PRAISE GOD!!! I am so glad you both are ok, as well as the other driver! Wrecks are so scary!! How awesome to have a total stranger praying for you!!
So glad you and Jack are safe!!! God was definately watching over you guys and it seems like when things like this happen is when he reminds us of that the most! Hope you aren't too sore today!
Post a Comment