Well, it's been a while and a lot has happened in a short amount of time. I feel like most days I don't even have time to sit down and take a deep breath. Here is the beginning of our "build" starting around mid-August. The lot had many small/junk trees on it that needed to be removed.
The crew didn't waste any time and starting pouring the basement right away.
Within a matter of a few weeks, the house was framed.
Then concrete poured for the drive.

And the best part of all, the exterior being finished.
Then things slowed a bit (but just a bit) and the inside was being finished.
This is the last picture I have, and as you can see, it's really coming together. It won't be long now.
Can't wait until it's completely done. Give me a call if you're interested in stopping by to check on the progress or the finished product.
On another note, Jack and I are back home, Jess is still lagging behind in STL. He is finishing up his preceptorship and studying for his last round of board exams. It's been really stressful not having him here and I'm sure just as stressful for him (with us not being near). Jack started with a new babysitter who I just love, but has had his share of sicknesses this last week and a half. They included high fever of 104, with no other symptoms (we ended up taking him to the ER) and now a chest cold. He takes medicine 2x/day (his first medicine ever!) and takes a breathing treatment 3x/day (which he hates). But the cough is sounding better so I have faith it will all work out. He's stopped sleeping through the night and wakes up at least twice, wanting to sleep with mom. While we've been staying at my mom and dad's I give in, not wanting to do the CIO method and wake the whole house up. This will change as soon as he feels better and when we get in our house.
He is getting better at walking, but not there yet. He is starting to say new words. Recently he says door, coco (meaning cracker, cookie, or bread), and baby. He also says "mama" when referring to me, grandpas or grandmas.
The job is going well, but I barely feel I am treading water. I work all day, take a break in the evening and then back to finishing up paperwork, etc until about 11 every night. On a positive note, each day that I do this, I am reassured that this is exactly what I want to do - I'm passionate about my profession and the people I feel I can help.


2 comments:
It was good to see you the other day at the license's branch! Hopefully you didn't have any trouble! The house looks wonderful! Where did you guys build it at? Can't wait to see complete pictures!
Tara Jo, I really really like your kitchen...cabinets, lights, floor, paint!! Ohhh baby! Good choices! I can't wait to see it at Thanksgiving! Miss you!
Post a Comment