If you get the Washington paper you might have seen a picture or two of my husband in there. He has been advertising for the last 2 weeks - both radio and print. So what's all the fuss.... Jess is open for business! This has been long awaited, with much prayer, energy, and anxiety focused around this big launch. He has a great location, a beautiful office, and a very talented staff member. It is with great pride that I show you these first pictures of the new office. I am incredibly proud of my husband and his accomplishments. It takes hard work and lots of research to start something from nothing... and that's just what he has done.
Here is the signage in front:
Front of the building (you will notice one side of the building is unoccupied - leaving enough room for a future Edward Jones office to be put conveniently next door :)
The treatment room:
The Rehab room:
Jess's consultation office: 
Part of the front office space:
My side of the outer building:
Jack liked to think he had a part in all of the construction and building. The big thing this week was the tape measure. Once he latches onto something, it's hard to pry it out of his hands. He even took a bath with the tape measure one night.
To sum up the first part of this post, I want to congratulate Jess on a job well done and if you would like to do the same, you can send him a note or (if needed) call the office for an appointment, tell a friend, etc. There are many capable and talented chiropractors in and around Washington and I am happy to have my husband be the newest addition to our hometown/county!
SUMMER CATCHUP
Now to get onto our everyday life and our recent travels. It feels like these summer months have been a whirlwind. We have taken short trips, both overnight to Cincinnati and St. Louis. We traveled to Cinci with a group of other Edward Jones financial advisors for a series of meetings and family fun activities. Jess and I also made a point to visit an IKEA store on the outskirts of the city. Wow... what an experience! I think we are going back with a trailer next time to load up all the "we've got to have that" items.
This is a picture of Jess and Jack enjoying a walk on the Cincinnati river front.
For the July 4 weekend we have friends over to the house to cookout and watch fireworks, then headed for St. Louis on Sunday morning to take Jack back to his 1st Cardinals game since leaving the big city. It was a hot one, and we made the right decision to spend the night back in Chesterfield, MO (where we used to live). We had a perfect view of the Chesterfield city fireworks right out our hotel window.
This next picture is what I treasure most after a long day at work. There is nothing better in this world.
Many of you have heard me talk about Jack's obsession with motorcycles. If he even hears a slight rumble in the distance he gasps and yells "Moto-cycle". First it was just "cycle" then a few weeks later he added the "Moto" to it. Both Jack's grandpas now have motorcycles. I'm not sure about this influence on my son, but at least they are consistent... both have Harley's. Matter of fact, thanks to Grandpa Joe, Jack is now being more specific in his identification of motorcycles, saying "Harley Davidson" very plain!
As most of you know, even after work, the "work" is never done. We have many flowers to water, a new pine tree in our backyard to tend to, and lots of outside activities with Jack. This is one time my child wondered off while I was fixing his bath water inside. He decided helping daddy in the nude was way more fun.
And finally, a picture of my 2 men. This is picture I love, but the actual subject brings me much anxiety and I need some help. These 2 boys are cute, but this is becoming more the norm than the exception. See my comments below for the "question of the month".
Jack is not sleeping well..... won't go to bed on his own anymore, has to be held to sleep, then put down. He was sleeping well through the night until about 6 am, then waking up and I would pull him in our bed for 1 hour more of sleep (probably my 1st mistake). Then we went on these 2 short weekend trips and he has slowly gotten worse, waking at 5 am, then 3 am and last night at 2 am, wanting to come to bed with us. I'm not as much of a softy as Jess is and I don't care to let him cry a bit to teach him he needs to sleep in his own bed. However, this is not working like it did when he was 6 months old. He cries and cries and cries with no end in sight.... and 1 hour later... I end up going in to get him because I need sleep. Any suggestions to stop the madness and keep my sanity? He is still in a crib for now and I can't imagine moving to a big boy bed until this stops... however, that may help the situation, I don't know. Any suggestions?
NOW HIRING!
Finally, onto my big announcement. I am hiring! I am in need of a full time Branch Office Administrator.... someone to handle all the marketing, office management, and great client service that an Edward Jones office should have. If you or someone you know is qualified for this type of work and would like to apply, the position is open for a limited time. More information can be found at www.edwardjones.com or www.indeed.com (search Edward Jones, Washington, IN)
Thank you!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Summer Catchup and a Current Job Opening at Edward Jones (not mine!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats to Jess on this huge accomplishment! I've been thinking about going to a chiro, but just never have. Now I might have to look into it!
love all the pics... good to see ya'll are doing great... congrats on the new places for both of ya!!
Congrats, Jess!! We've been noticing the ads in the paper..they look great. The office looks amazing, too. Sorry again we had to miss out on the 4th fun! Btw--I don't know what to tell you about Jack's sleeping issue..Koen has been a little harder to put down lately too. I'm like you though, I tend to stick to my guns if it means sleep for me!:)
Post a Comment