We have been extra busy this month..... trying to keep up with an increased work schedule (for Jess and I), spending lots of time with Jack, enjoying some nice weather (when it presents itself), starting to potty-train, and watching our beloved Hatchets climb their way all the way up to Conseco Fieldhouse for a state championship.
Jack loves the Hatchets and basketball, but especially likes Hatch. Over the past month, we attended the away sectional games at Southridge, the home regional game, the away Semi-state games (for both Washington and the ND Cougars) at Southport and Seymour, respectively, and the state championship for our state champion Hatchets! We make it to as many games as we can, both ND and Hatchet during the year - this is something Jess and I always had in common - our love for basketball.
Here is Jack's shirt his Grandma Susie had made for him prior to the basketball season. It's gotten a lot of use, and has a few stains after yesterday's day in Indianapolis. Jack was a good boy all day and attended part of the morning session games with Grandpa Joe while mom and I did a bit of shopping. Then we all ate a Scotty's (my absolute favorite of all time) before going to the Hatchet game. We won by 15 pts and Cody Zeller was the mental attitude award winner for class 3A. I think we were all very proud.

This cute little puppy came to live with my mom and dad when he was just 8 weeks old. He is my dad's new project, and hunting dog, Tripp. 6 days after my dad got him, they left for Florida to spend some time visiting my brother Graham. So guess who came to live with us while they were gone? That's right, Tripp. Let me just tell you that we are not ready for a dog in this household. I pretty much had to give up on potty-training efforts with Jack during that week, because I had my hands full just remembering when to take the dog out. All in all, it worked out well, Jack loved having Tripp here, but just as any puppy does... he nipped... and nipped...and nipped. One time, evening threatening the likelihood that Jack may have children in the future! That was my fault, I wasn't thinking when I pulled Jack out of the bath and let him run loose! What a sight to see!
I think it was good for Jack to have Tripp around though, even for a short time. He calls him his buddy and says that Tripp loves him. Tripp comes up in our prayers almost every night. A funny thing, the other night he said "Dear God, thank you for Tripp, my buddy, and for his raccoon (a dog toy), thank you for his water and his food, and dear God thank you very much for his CAGE"! Jack must have liked the fact there was a good place for Tripp to go, and Jack was safe from the nipping.
Our son loves giving presents and singing Happy Birthday, even when it's not a special occasion. I like that he likes the joy of giving. He wraps up anything he can find in my kitchen towels and then delivers it singing, Happy Birthday. Here he is today, giving me a picture of himself.
He still loves bath time, but has also taken a liking to showering with mom or dad, when we're in a hurry or running low on hot water. On this occasion, he brought in the watering can from outside and likes playing with it in the tub.
Jack showering with Daddy.
Jess jokingly refers to this move as washing the under-carriage. Note: No children were harmed in this photo session.

I mentioned potty training...... I haven't been going about it any certain way, just bits and pieces here and here. Tried taking the diaper off and him wearing nothing at all from waist down, tried underwear, tried nothing under his pants. It really doesn't matter what I do with Jack, he still doesn't tell me when he has to go, I just have to remember to take him regularly and we're fine. He went all day in Indy yesterday with no accidents! That was a big accomplishment! He is quick to want to go #1 in the potty, but it took some persuasion for #2. I think we're finally there.





1 comment:
sweet post, tara - glad you are feeling well!
Post a Comment