Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Weekend Getaway

St. Louis will always hold a special place in our hearts, mostly because we lived there the first 3 1/2 years of our marriage and that's where Jack was born. We also like the things the city has to offer -so many family friendly (and sometimes free) attractions and Cardinals baseball. This past weekend we did both.

We took off on a rainy Saturday around noon and headed straight for the zoo. By the time we reached STL, it was 75 degrees and sunshine..... perfect day. My mom and dad went too and I'm glad they did - we needed the extra hands and feet to keep up with Jack. He loved the zoo so much more this time around and the baby giraffe was his favorite! Other faves were the monkey's, the tigers (big cats), and the stingrays (which he got to touch)!






A picture at the Ballpark. It was an 80+ degree day. I got burnt even wearing sunscreen - but the Cardinals won and Jack had a lot of fun!

After we got home, we needed some relaxation. That's what I caught these 2 doing! Two peas in a pod, I tell ya! Flossing picks in both their mouths!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

glad you guys are doing so well! i wanna see that belly mama :)

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

the pic of totes being sold was for a friends yard sale. i put a bunch of the girl's clothes in it to sell. 2x a year i do the consignment sales in eville for the girls clothes. you make alot more than at a yard sale and they only sell name brand, gently used stuff. i don't sell my clothes, i usually donate them somewhere or goodwill them.

Leah Robinson said...

Love the update...sorry I'm behind on reading blogs ;) ha ha You guys are such a cute family!