Saturday, July 9, 2011

While the Parents are Away.............

Jack Will Play.... and have fun with Grandma's and Grandpa's.

Jess and I were out of town over the 4th of July for a much needed vacation and Jack got the opportunity to stay with both Jess's parents and my parents for a few days while we were away. We are very lucky to live so close and have such a great relationship with our parents. It made leaving for 1 whole week much easier knowing Jack was being spoiled and having a great time! I'll post separately on our vacation later, for now, this post is dedicated to Jack's fun week with Grandma Debbie, Grandpa Darrell, Grandma Susie and Grandpa Joe.

He spent 3 days with Grandpa Darrell and Grandma Debbie, including July 4th. They prepared for his arrival by borrowing a battery operated Jeep, getting a basketball goal just his size and warming up the water in the little kids swimming pool! He loved it all, especially spending some time with cousin Addy! They even took him to Bloomington to the WonderLab. Sounds like they kept Jack (or the other way around) plenty busy!


































































Then Jack was off to my parents for 3 more days. They played around the house, watered plants, played and swimmed with cousins, and took Jack's first ever trip to Holiday World. He seriously won't stop talking about it. He is already asking when we will take him back. Here are some pictures to prove he was spoiled.

Love the look on his face in the picture below. My mom said he squealed everytime a wave came in!



Such a big kid..... driving already!


This must have been his favorite part (the airplanes), because when I spoke with him on the phone that night, he said "Hi Mommy. I rode airplanes. Bye Mommy".
My mom took Jack over to Freelandville one afternoon and he swam and played with his cousin Levi. Apparently, they were dancing in this picture!



I will end the post with another event that happened while Jess and I were gone, and I SO wish we could have been a part of it. My cousin Tyler is getting married in August to his longtime girlfriend, Leigh Ann. They are a wonderful couple, so caring, loving and made for each other. We are so happy for them both. My mom hosted a bridal shower for Leigh Ann and the Singleton family on the first day Jess and I were gone on vacation. Here are some pictures of the event.

The Bride-to-Be fixing her brunch plate.


Some guests eating outdoors on the deck.

It started to sprinkle so everyone moved indoors to open gifts.




From the sound of it, it was a beautiful shower with great food and great gifts. Wish I could have been there!

Photobucket

No comments: