We have been enjoying the break from the summer heat these past few weeks. Especially since I am in my "biggest" and last days. Jess had made the comment several times in the month of July that he felt "cheated" from his summer due to this heat. So August has been a pleasant surprise. Here is a picture of Jack running in his sprinkler out back.
And playing in his water sailboat......
And trying to show me how old he is....... he kept telling me 10.... then holding up 5 fingers.... so as you can see, I am trying to help him out.
Cooling off for the evening in our basement. We are very thankful for the basement because it provides wide open spaces for large Jeeps like this one!
On Friday, Jess went golfing with some family and friends and Aunt Amy brought the girls (Kylie and Kennedy) over to play for a while and go out to eat. Jack loves his cousins and they play so well together.
Not a great picture of Jack, but this is what we have been doing A LOT of lately. He loves riding his bike. There are no pedals on this bike (on purpose), supposed to teach him balance before trying to pedal - maybe this way he won't need training wheels. He is doing so well and lifting his feet to "glide". We have even been taking walks along the road and he will ride along.
Kennedy on the power wheels and jack on the two wheeler.
We also celebrated my only niece's (Addy's) 1st Birthday this weekend with a party at Odon park. She is adorable and looks so much like her daddy!
Happy Birthday sweet girl.
I promised a few belly and Jack stories, so here they go......
1) Jack says to me.... "mom, where does baby Nolan come out - your belly button" to which I struggle for a reply but I settle for "some babies come out of mommy's bellies and some come out between their legs"...... a few days later, I hear him telling someone that mommy will have baby Nolan and he will come out her leg, in between her toes! :)
2) Jack affectionately calls my belly "my mommy's big ol' fat belly".... I'm pretty sure his father taught him this one!
3) I do have a skin condition called PUPPS on my stomach.... looks like a rash, itches very bad, but not harmful to me or baby. I had this with Jack too. He thinks they are mosquito bites and tells me to put medicine on them all the time.
4) Jack kisses and hugs my belly and he is very excited for the coming of baby Nolan, however, he did ask me today where baby Nolan was going to live. I guess he hasn't picked up on the fact that we have been getting the baby's room ready and Nolan will come home with us. I proceed to tell Jack that "Mommy, Daddy, you and baby Nolan will all come back home after he is born". Jack apparently didn't get that "he" was the "you" in that story and he got pouty and worried. He told me he would just go live with great mawmaw then. It was pretty cute, but I also had some explaining to do.
5) Jack has been acting up some lately, not more than normal, but I do think he was testing some boundaries this past week. He got in trouble with name calling.... nothing bad.... his favorite is "you bald head".... but it still got annoying and I wanted to set things straight before they got out of hand. So after a few times, I sat him in the corner.... as usual... he started to pout and I walked away to finish my tasks in the kitchen. I couldn't see Jack where he was sitting but he definitely told me what he was up to...... he "huffed" and then said "Mommy, in case you can't see me, I am crossing my arms!" It was pretty cute but I tried to stay firm in my approach.
Officially, I should just have week and a few days before Nolan arrives, but if he doesn't come before, induction is scheduled for Friday September 2. More details to come.

2 comments:
The last story is too cute! It's hard to be serious when they are so funny, isn't it?!
all those stories are so sweet. i feel like jess - that my summer has been taken from me by the heat monster. but i am not pregnant, so i guess i shouldn't complain! hang in there, tj. i know that jack is going to love baby nolan living at your house after all :-)
blog traffic will be high on this site until the baby comes. we are waiting for the good news!
Post a Comment