2 years ago today, I married my best friend. It's hard to believe time has passed so quickly. So many things have changed and happended since that day - we moved to St. Louis, Jess started chiropractic school, I started a new job, and now we will be welcoming a baby boy into this world.
Although we have been married only 2 years, we have been together for many more (8 total). Jess and I started dating our sophomore year of high school - thanks to a good friend of mine. I know Mandy has recently told this story on her blog, but for those of you who need a refresher - here's the story of how Jess & I met.
My best friend Mandy was dating Jess at the time and I was her chauffeur to and from his basketball games because she didn't have her license yet (Jess went to North Daviess High School and Mandy and I attended Washington High School). This is how I met Jess, his friends and his family. I was not interested in Jess then, because as any best friend knows - that's off limits. I was dating a boy from Barr-Reeve (Aaron Ash). Time passed, and Mandy and Jess broke up, as did Aaron and I. I ran into Jess at a few parties around Washington and we began talking. As any good friend would, I asked Mandy her permission to start "seeing" Jess. She said yes - and our relationship began.
Little did I know, I was going to return Mandy's favor. A few months later, Mandy came to me and asked for my permission to start "seeing" Aaron. Of course, I said yes..... and the rest is history. Mandy and Aaron just celebrated their 3rd Anniversary and have a beautiful baby girl and Jess and I are celebrating our 2nd Anniversary with a little boy on the way!
I tried to find one of the earliest pictures of Jess and I and also one that is more up-to-date. Enjoy the trip down memory lane. I know we sure do!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Happy 2nd Anniversary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Enjoyed your pics!
How Cute!!
Post a Comment