While I realize that many first time mothers carry their baby for a full 40 weeks and sometimes beyond, the Dr. says I may not be one of them. My due date is only about 3 1/2 weeks away, but the Dr. told me on Monday that she would be surprised if I lasted another 2 weeks...... Here's the update:
I went to the OB on Monday and had my first full exam (checking for dilation, effacement, etc). The Dr. had me lay down on the table and by looking at me, she said I was still carrying the baby high so she didn't think he had "dropped" yet. Then she started her exam and within the first few seconds she said "just kidding, his head is right here!" She finished her exam and said I was 50% effaced. I asked her what kind of time frame we were looking at and she said maybe 2 weeks if I keep up my activity level.
I told her my parents and brother were in Colorado until Sunday and that this baby (if I have anything to say about it) better wait until they get home! She told me to decrease my activity and then pick it back up when they get back (up until last week I was walking 1.5-2 mi. each day).
We have our Child Care class this Saturday all day and then my next Dr's appt (w/ ultrasound is on Monday, July 14 so we'll know a little more then). Also, we have been really busy putting together Jack's room and getting the house ready for his arrival. More pictures later today or tomorrow, but I'll attach 1 of the letters on the wall in his room as a teaser!


3 comments:
Oh yay!!!! I know how hard that last month is!! It can't come any sooner!! lol
I will keep you in my prayers :) Can't wait to see pics of baby Jack!!
Hi Tera. I'm not sure if you remember me (Lacy Fisher - Jeffers)but we played volleyball together in High School in the leage with Shaya, Kayla, You, Lacey Denson. I just started blogging and ran across your blog. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I'll keep your upcoming weeks in my prayers. I have a 2-1/2 yr. old. so I remember how nerve wracking the end can get:) If you don't mind I was going to add you to my "favorite blogs". You can check out mine..www.oursweetone.blogspot.com It was great to see pictures of you and the others. It's amazing how everyone has changed:)
Hey Tara! How exciting! Can't wait to see more pics of the room... I imagine it is super cute!
Take it easy and hope you and Jess enjoy your time together before Jack arrives. Be thinking of ya!
Post a Comment