Friday, August 29, 2008

Abby and Mandy come to visit

Last weekend, Abby, Mandy and Mandy's little girl Emily came to visit! What a great day! I am always thrilled to have friends and family come see us. Since we live 4 hours away, it doesn't happen too often and we don't get back home as frequently as we would like.


So Saturday they made the trek out and back again. I think traveling with an 11 mo old was a slight challenge on the way out, but from what I hear, she did fine on the way back. While they were here, we got lunch and just sat around and caught up. "Some" of us even took naps (the kids + prego Abby:). Ahh... I remember those early days of pregnancy and the fatigue for no apparent reason. Mandy and I got a kick out of watching them all doze off. Jack was really good all day long. He slept almost the entire day. I couldn't believe it - he never sleeps that much. I told Abby and Mandy they could come anytime if they brought on this kind of behavior!


Here is a picture of all of us on the balcony. Pictured is Emily, Mandy, Abby (+ baby to be), myself and Jack.


















Also, here is a picture of Jess giving Jack his FIRST bottle. We have been working on this A LOT in the last week or so. Jack is so good at breastfeeding the little guy doesn't care for the bottle. We are now to the point that he will take one, but still fights it a little. This becomes all that more important since we are planning our first trip back to Indiana this next week. We are really excited to have Jack meet the rest of our family and friends who haven't been to St. Louis yet - but we are a little nervous about the length of the car ride and how Jack will do. I'll have many pictures to post next week once we return from our trip!





















Photobucket

1 comment:

Ali Gish said...

aw too cute!! can't wait to see all you girls again!! :)