I am just a little behind on my posts, so I am going to try and catch up with some events and new pictures in the next few days. Jess's mom is here this week, so that will free up some time for me to post, get out birth announcements, take a shower every now and then and rest a little bit.
Jack had his first Dr's appt during the day on Monday, August 4th. My mom was still here helping out, so we went together. I am quickly learning that getting a baby ready to go out in public takes A LOT of preparation - both for him and for me. It was a morning appt, so we got up, Jack nursed, then I changed his diaper and started to get him into an outfit. However - Jack had different plans. He decided (mid-diaper change) that he wasn't done pooping. So as the dirty diaper came off (and before the clean one made it on) we had a mess! It was actually pretty comical until he also decided to pee all over himself. He even peed on his own face! I couldn't stop laughing!
Despite the minor setbacks, we did make it to the Dr's office on time and Jack weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz. They said it was normal for him to lose weight during those first couple of days, but they wanted to see him back on Friday (August 8th) for another weight check-in. I am told this is normal for breastfed babies, since you don't know exactly how much milk their actually getting. Here are some pictures of our first appt with the pediatrician.
Jess had a 1/2 day of school that Friday so he and I took Jack back to the Dr's office for the weight check. It was deja vu all over again. We get him in the Dr's office, get him undressed and then the he decided to pull his same old tricks - pooping and peeing right there on the table! By this time I was used to it, but the look on Jess's face was priceless. The outcome of the appt was just what I expected - I have one healthy little eater. In a matter of 4 days, Jack had already surpassed his birth weight - weighing in at 9 lbs 5 oz!
This last picture is for my mom and my brother. They found these cute little socks that look like shoes at a small shop in Crested Butte, CO while on vacation this summer. My mom was so proud of them and Jack has them in many bright colors! Graham also picked out a guitar onesie for Jack but he doesn't quite fit into it just yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment