Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Night Out!

Well it had to happen sooner or later - Jess and I went out to dinner (just the two of us) for the first time since Jack was born and left him with a babysitter. Let me tell you - it is so much easier going out when you know the babysitters are Grandma and Grandpa!

My parents came on Saturday and Sunday to spend the day and see Jack. They were coming to take me out for a birthday supper, but after some thought they offered to just watch Jack while Jess and I got out of the house and had some (much needed) alone time.

As you can imagine, it was a little tough for me to leave Jack for the first time - but since he is taking a bottle so well now, I didn't have to worry about that. What's funny is that Jess and I were trying to get out of the house to do a "grown up" thing and we just ended up talking about Jack the entire time! The report from Grandma and Grandpa was really good - Jack was sleeping sound when we returned! Here are some pictures from their visit.















Photobucket

2 comments:

Ali Gish said...

That's great that you two got to go out alone!
I just wish we were a little bit closer so I could babysit that little chubbers!! He is a doll. I think he looks like Jess?! Talk to you soon!

Leah Robinson said...

Oh that first time it tough!! But it had to be nice is was g-ma & g-pa!!! He is growing so quick!