Friday, September 5, 2008

Jack's 1st Visit "Home"

I must admit, Jess and I were both a little nervous about the car ride back to Washington. We didn't know how Jack was going to do in the car for 4+ hours. I have been taking smaller outings with Jack and he always seems to fall asleep and like the movement of the car, but those have only been 1-2 hour trips. Despite our nervousness, he did fine. On the way home he slept until the Indiana/Illinous state line. We stopped to feed him and thought he was back asleep, but he woke up about 20 min later (hungry again) at the Evansville exit. From then on out, he was awake, but very calm and looking around the rest of the way to my parent's house.



We stayed Sunday and Monday night at my mom and dad's and Tuesday night at Jess's mom and dad's. Jess had a chiropractic seminar Thurs-Sunday, so we weren't able to leave until Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness he is still on a break from school - that meant we were able to stay a few days during the week. We made it to my house just in time for the annual Singleton Labor Day Golf Outing (or as it's now lovingly called in memory of Dick Nomady "The Son Buckin' Open"). Jess was able to catch up with the golf crew for the last 9 holes, while Jack and I stayed behind at the house and waited for everyone to come back for the fish fry. We had such a good time and I'm so glad we were able to see ALL the Singleton's at once.



On Monday we had TONS of visitors at mom and dad's - mostly the William's side of the family. Jack handled all the company pretty well - he was a little restless that evening but I think that is to be expected after a long day. On Tuesday my mom took off work to be home to see Jack. It was so nice just having the extra day to spend around the house. Below are some pictures of some of our visitors - including Great Grandma and Grandpa Williams.

















Great Aunt Di & Great Aunt Cheryl




















Louise















Uncle Graham - you can't see Jack's soccer shirt that he's wearing!





















Tuesday afternoon we headed to Odon so Jack could meet the Brower & Troup families. Again, many visitors - mostly family and some neighbor friends as well. Jack pretty much slept through it all. I think he was still tuckered out from the days before. Debbie took off work on Wednesday to spend time with us and then we took off Wednesday afternoon. Below are some pictures of some of our visitors at Debbie and Darrell's.


Great Granpa Troup





















Great Grandma Troup















Great Aunt Teresa & Ryan


















The trip back to St. Louis was about as uneventful as the trip to Washington - only Jack slept ALL the way back! He woke up briefly about 10 miles from our house - we couldn't believe it! Thank goodness Thursday was a rainy day here - we all needed an extra lazy day to nap and recover from an exciting and exhausting trip home.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Tara,
I may be completely off base, but I think little Jack looks alot like Uncle Graham. Nice talking to you this week!

The Armes Family said...

Hey Tara!! I'm glad you guys had a good trip home!! Jack is just so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to meet and squeeze this little fellar!!!! I'm just a little swollen!! With Landon I swelled as big as a balloon!!! It was unreal.....so I'm just waiting!!!!! As for Ryan's "crew" it's the brothers, steve, steve's dad and some of steve's buddies.....and are you sitting down......BRENT!!!!!!!!!!!!