Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Big 25!

Well 25 years have come and gone. Having a birthday really makes you reflect on the past and for me, I think "how did I make it this far?" It's been a wonderful journey and I know there is still so much more to live!

One of my favorite birthday memories is my dad either waking me up in the morning on my birthday or (when I was at college) calling me to tell me the story of my birth. He would always start out by saying.... "I remember this day _ _ years ago. Your mom and I were...."

I think I have the story memorized by now, but that call was very comforting, especially when I had first left home to be on my own. I know this is something that I will carry forward with Jack on his birthdays as well.

Now we come to the Big 25 and I can only think of one thing.... my first birthday as a mommy. Not that all the other birthdays aren't memorable... this one just sticks out!

I will leave you with a picture of the card that "Jack" gave me. I have a feeling Jess did a good job of picking it out!


Front





















Inside (it's a pop-up card with the dog's arms stretched out)

















Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Tara,
Happy birthday!! The card is so cute. Do you feel older this year with little Jack?

The Armes Family said...

Happy Birthday Tara!!

Shannon said...

Happy Belated! Sweet card and sweet memories!