Thursday, October 2, 2008

2 Months Old

I rarely make back to back posts like this, but for Jack's 2-month "birthday" I'll make an exception. It's hard to believe that our little guy is 2-months old already. Time sure does fly. He was 9 weeks old yesterday and boy has he grown and changed.


Here is a picture of him at 1-month and a picture now at 2-months




















This month Jack has found his hands. He is always shoving his fists in his mouth. He has also found his voice and his smile. After waking up in the morning, he loves to lay on his changing table (after a changed diaper of course) and talk and smile at someone (or the ceiling if no one's around). When he talks, it's this high-pitched "Eww" and "Ahh". He has laughed 3 times and it is the cutest thing. He likes tummy-time and turns his head from side to side multiple times. He knows the sound of my voice and turns to it almost every time. He loves to be help upright and look around. If I'm not careful, he'll pull his head off my shoulder and arch his back and he about tumbles over backward. Baths are enjoyable as long as he is in a good mood to begin with. The only "toys" Jack likes are ceiling fans, the trees blowing in the wind outside, and his car seat toys (two rattles that hang and a musical lights toy). The bottle is still a challenge, but he is taking it. We will really be working on that HARD in the next 2 weeks. His sleeping patterns are about the same. He will go for a 3 1/2 hour stretch after I put him to bed and then wake up every 2 hours after that. He and I have our cuddle-time in the morning after he wakes up. We usually lay on the couch together and take another short nap (or two). He is a good eater and a good spitter-upper but the spitting-up doesn't seem to affect his weight. We weighed him this weekend and he is now about 15 lbs!

The only downside to Jack being 2-months old is that it is a reminder that I return to work in less than 2 weeks. I will miss seeing all his developments and personality during the day. Please say a prayer for us as we continue to search for the right person to watch Jack while I am at work.


Photobucket

No comments: