Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Graham's Senior Night/Our Trip Home

Jack and I have had a busy couple of days! I had been planning to go home for Graham's Senior Night soccer game for over a month now, but didn't know exactly how it was going to work out because it was on a Monday night and Jess would be in school (I didn't feel up to making the trip alone with Jack yet). So when Washington picked up an extra game (not originally on the schedule) against Belleville, IL the Saturday before Graham's Senior Night, I was thrilled. Belleville is just across the river from St. Louis.

Saturday

This allowed Jess, Jack and I to attend Graham's game in Belleville and then Jack and I rode back to Washington with my mom. Washington ended up losing the game, but also played without the help of 2 of their best players. It was a gorgeous day and we all enjoyed the fresh air.























Sunday

Jack attended his first church service on Sunday at my mom and dad's church (Jess and I have been too nervous to take him the past few weeks). He woke up during the 'special music' portion of the service and only fussed a little bit. On Sunday afternoon, mom and I went over to Grandma William's house in Freelandville to see the family - and boy did we see a lot of people. My grandparents were there along with my Aunt Di, Uncle Mark, Cousins Brandy and Emily, Cousin Keith and his wife Erica and baby Levi, Cousins Brandy Williams and her son Lane, Aunt Tammy and Clint's son Cohen, and Aunt Cheryl. It was Jack's first time meeting his 2nd cousin Levi (Jack and Levi are exactly 1-week apart in age). We took many pictures of them side by side and individually. They sat so still for all the pictures; we couldn't believe it. I appropriately dressed Jack in his OshGosh overalls to go to Grandpa's house, but by the time the pictures were over, both boys were practically down to their diapers. Levi is long and lean and Jack is long and round. I would guess that they are probably the same length, but VERY different is size (mine has thunder thighs!).





















On Sunday night, Jess's parents came to visit Jack. He was fussy since he had been out and about all day long. My dad also returned home Sunday night. He had spent a week in Colorado at Brook's cabin fishing.


Monday

Debbie came back Monday morning for a quick visit and Jack was much more awake and alert and talking. He's always like that first thing in the morning.






















Jack and I went to my friend Mandy's for lunch on Monday and Abby met us there. We had such a good time visiting with Mandy, her daugher Emily, and Abby. I find it hilarious that Jack weighs 15 lbs now and Mandy's daughter Emily is 1-year old and weighs 20 lbs! There really wasn't much difference holding both of them.


Monday night was Graham's Senior Night. They played Evansville Reitz and tied 2-2. It was really a special night and a really proud moment to see Graham play his last regular season game at Washington. I don't know that I will make it to the tournament games, so I was so glad to attend this one. Jack was asleep during the first few minutes of the game, but shortly woke up. It really cooled off Monday night, so I had him dressed in a warm (and adorable) outfit. Someday he will look back on that picture and say "mom, why did you dress me in that!" We had quite a few family members come to the game (Grandma Jo, Grandma & Grandpa Williams, Aunt Di and Emily, Aunt Jo and Uncle Jay). There were a few short rain showers during the game, but nothing that stopped play.




















Tuesday

Jack and I made a trip to Vincennes so that I could get my hair cut. Yes, I live in St. Louis and Yes, I still go back to my Aunt Pam in Vincennes to get my hair cut. She just does too good of a job and I always enjoy the visit. I lined up "babysitters" to watch Jack at her shop, while I was there. My cousins Emily and Kristen both took turns watching him inbetween their classes at VU. It was so nice of them to do that and it helped me out a lot! Pictures of the new cut to follow in a later post.

We left Washington around 6 P.M. Tuesday evening and dad drove Jack and I half-way to St. Louis to meet Jess and make the switch. Jack slept the whole way and then woke up in Mt. Vernon to eat. I think my dad was having a hard time saying goodbye because Jack was in such a good mood after he ate and we got him out of the car seat. He was talking and making googly-eyes at dad for a good 15 minutes or more. We arrived back to St. Louis around 9:30 and to my surprise Jack still slept really good through the night.

Well, hope to enjoyed my long diary and a few pictures of the last few days. Dad has many more pictures on his camera, so I'll post those when I get them.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Ali Gish said...

Oh Tara, I hate it that we missed you too!! I can't believe we live in the same state, and go home the same weekend, and miss each other!! Looks like you were very busy though. We will definitely get together over Thanksgiving!!! Count on it!! :)