I have a feeling that this blog may only get updated once/week from here on out. I have been cherishing my nights and free time with Jack since returning to work last week.
I want to thank everyone for their 'babysitter' prayers for us. We found one! We interviewed a few people, but ultimately decided on Lila. Lila is about 60 years old and I suppose you could consider her a specialist. She only watches babies (3 including Jack). At first, thinking like a new mom, I didn't know how anyone could watch more than 1 baby at a time and I was worried about Jack getting some individual attention. But after talking with some other potential babysitters, I think the real challenge is when you have to watch babies and toddlers at the same time. Jack will go to Lila's 5 days/week and the other babies are only there 2 days/week, so he will get some individual time with Lila. Another good thing, Lila's husband Kenny just retired so he is now home full-time too and able to help with the kids when 2 need fed at the same time, etc.
All in all, we have tried or interviewed 4 different babysitters and this is the one that worked out and we feel like it's a good fit for Jack. The blessing in disguise, the other 3 sitters that we didn't go with are now our back-up sitters. We didn't have any back-ups before.
I went to work 1/2 days on Mon & Tues & Fri and full days Wed & Thurs to ease myself (and Jack) into a new schedule. It was more difficult on me than I thought. There were definitely a few teary-eyed moments. Jack did pretty well but still didn't take the bottle very well for the babysitter. I am chalking it up to a new environment and new person because he takes the bottle for Jess and I pretty well at home. I'll leave you with a few recent pictures of Jack.



1 comment:
So cute!! I'm glad you have solved your babysitting dilema. It must be so hard! I couldn't do it! I was thinking of going back to work and went to check out a daycare...I completely (seriously) broke down in front of the director...I could barely speak. I've been home since Peyton was born March 07 and don't think I'll go back anytime soon. I'll be praying for your peace and comfort!
Post a Comment