Friday, October 17, 2008

Back to Work :(

Well, I did it. Today was the first day back. I'm not yet patting myself on the back because I only worked a 1/2 day and my mom was here to watch Jack - but it was still really hard. I don't think it fully hit until I walked into my cube and sat down at my desk. Then I just wanted to cry.

I made it through the morning, only calling home once to check on Jack. Of course HE was fine. I was the worried one. He took a bottle just fine for my mom, but didn't take great naps. I, on the other hand, was so busy going through my 986 emails at work that I didn't realize how fast the time passed (thank goodness).

I know next week will be much more difficult because I won't have my mom here to watch him - I'll be taking him to the sitters all 5 days. I'm still trying to ease into it - working 1/2 days Monday and Tuesday and then full days the rest of the week. It's comforting to know that Jess doesn't have school till 5 every day, so he will be able to pick Jack up early some days, but it's still a tough pill to swallow. My fear isn't necessarily that Jack will be mistreated or neglected in any way, I'm just afraid of all the "new" things I'll miss. For example, just today, Jack started blowing slobbery bubbles - that's a first. And this last week he holds his right arm up in front of his face and makes a fist and just stares at it as he moves it around. He is also smiling and talking a little more each day. I have a feeling I will LIVE for my weekends.

Besides my mom being here last night and today, my Grandpa and Grandma Williams came too. It was so nice to see them again. When I come home, I usually only get to see them for a few hours on a Sunday. This time, we were able to sit down and have dinner and spend some time together the next day.

Please keep Jack (and I) in your prayers in the coming weeks. I'm sure there will be a few tears.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Sad day... but you made it. It really helps us realize what is important in life. Like those lil slobbery bubbles! :) Did you ever get that book I recommended?

Ali Gish said...

Aww Tara, I will definitely keep you and Jack in my prayers. I would be the same way if I had to leave Copeland. I really appreciate being able to stay home with him. You'll get through it and tell the sitter to take pictures of the "new" things for you. That might help!
Can't wait to see you!!

Brittany said...

Tara,
Sorry you had to go back :( I have heard from lots of working moms that it does get a bit easier once you get into the routine of it. I am so glad to hear you found a sitter! That was an answered prayer! How did you end up finding her?