Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jack's first shot

Jack had his first shot on Friday and it went as well as it could. Ironically, this was the first doctor's visit that he didn't cry, scream, and poop on the table! Jack weighed in just shy of 16 lbs (15 lbs 13 oz)!!! He didn't grow much in terms of length - only about 1/4 inch in the last 3 weeks. So all of this puts him in the 97th percentile in terms of height and off the charts in terms of weight.

I'd like to share a quick comment that our neighbor made about Jack. Now, I know that she had good intentions and didn't mean this the way it sounded, so I took it in stride. Our neighbor that lives in the apartment above us has a little girl that is 6 weeks older than Jack. Sometimes we all take walks together during the day. Jack weighs 4 lbs more than this little girl already. When I was telling our neighbor Jack's current weight, she made this comment... "I don't know much about this sort of thing, but at what point do they consider that childhood obesity?" Needless to say I got the biggest laugh out of that comment!

Jack got his Dtap shot at this visit and he barely cried at all! Just let out a little cry when the needle went in, but after that was calm as can be. Everything has been normal since. This is my last week before I return to work, so I plan to enjoy every day with my little guy! Here's a picture of Jack and Jess at the doctor's office.




































Photobucket

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I think the shots are worse on the mommy! I'm glad it all went well!