Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Boy are things busy this holiday season! I didn't realize how much a little one slows you down (or depending on how you look at it, speeds things up)! It's been much more difficult this year to get my holiday shopping accomplished (mostly done over my lunch hour) and keep up with work, Jess, Jack, and my studies. Yes, you heard me right, my studies. I have one more exam to take and then I am FINISHED! I hope to be done by the end of year, but who knows.


I must admit I have been caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and ALL it has to offer. Picking out gifts, wrapping gifts, baking, etc. But today, I heard a song that really made me stop and notice all that God has given me. It made me truly humble because this year, different than any other year, I feel a love for another human being that can only be descibed as Divine. Jess and I love one another deeply, but the love we feel for this child is magnificent. Today I just got teary-eyed thinking what it was like for God to watch his son Jesus grow up, the pride he must have felt, and then the sorrow and aching heart he must have had as he watched him suffer. It's a love that I truly don't think I understood until now. What an incredible gift he has given us in Jack and what an incredible gift he has given us in Jesus. Merry Christmas everyone.
















The Brower Family Christmas Cards













Photobucket

1 comment:

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Isn't the love for your child amazing? I love that you are a mommy now! I love that little man too, I hope we get to cuddle over Christmas. :)