Saturday, February 28, 2009

7-months old and up on all 4's


Today marks the end of Jack's 7th month! Technically, he turns 7 months on the 30th..... but considering this is the last day of the month - I say - close enough! Hard to believe how time flies.

This month has been so fun, with so many new developments, especially here lately. Jack is still sleeping through the night, only waking up if he gets a leg (or two) caught in between the crib bars. In that case, I do have to go in there, free the leg and rub his back until he goes back to sleep.

I am reminded of the phrase, be careful what you wish for. A few months ago, I was wishing for Jack to wake a little earlier in the morning so that I could get ready and make it to work ontime (or heaven forbid...early!) At that time he was sleeping in until 7 or a little after. Lately, however, he has slowly crept his morning routine up to 5:45 am. Let me tell you, on a Saturday morning like this morning, I do not want to get up at 5:45... but that's what I did.

He is gradually eating a little more. He eats Gerber 2nd foods (no combo foods yet) like Green Beans, Peas, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Squash, and almost all fruits except for Peaches. He'll eat a whole container in one sitting and sometimes some rice cereal mixed in for breakfast and dinner. We do fruits in the morning and evening and veggies at noon. He's taking 6 oz bottles at the sitters and still nursing when I am around. I am afraid that I won't be nursing much longer... for two reasons. #1 my supply is slowing down a little bit and #2 his top 2 teeth are coming in. The bottom and top two teeth perfectly aligned is terrifying to me. So far, so good though. He is fascinated at anything and everything Jess and I are eating and drinking. He particularly loves when Jess has a beer bottle in his hand. It's pretty funny, I think he just likes the coldness of it and the shape of the bottle, but he goes crazy for it.

He's still doing well at the sitters during the day. It's funny to watch him "interact" with the other kiddos there. There are about 3 of them all the same age and starting to become more mobile. The next few months should be interesting.

He has a few new favorite toys this month. Lately he loves his sock monkey. Yes, you heard me, sock money! His grandpa Darrell got it for him for Christmas. Jack likes to chew on it, talk to it, and throw it around. He also likes his cold teething ring, his jumping pink pig and his hammer that lights up and makes sounds when you bang it against something.

His new developments this month have all been recently. Within the last 2 weeks he is spinning around to reach for toys on his belly. His top 2 teeth are now poking through and drum roll please............. he is up on all 4's! He looks so proud of himself once he's up there and then he gets so excited he falls back down on his face. He's very content on his belly and still prefers to sleep that way. I'm glad he's not moving around much yet. I think there will be some major baby-proofing when that starts happening. Also, within the last week, Jack has started mumbling "mama". I don't know if he realizes what he is saying, but he only says it when he needs something - like when he's hungry or tired or wants picked up. So maybe he knows exactly what he's saying. He also loves sticking his tongue out, especially at his dad!




Here are some pictures of Jack this last month and a few of him up on his hands and knees. Jess and I are amazed each day at the deep down, gut-wrenching, bring you to tears, amazing beyond anything we imaged, silly smile on your face, laugh out loud LOVE we feel for this little boy!





Photobucket

8 comments:

Jenelle said...

How cute!! I love the one with his little tongue out! Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Tara, I've been reading for awhile via Courtney's blog. Your little Jack is such a cutie and I just love reading your posts about him. It reminds me of that first time mom mentality--I love it. I have a Jackson Thomas, too. He is three. My, how the time flies!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I can not believe how much he looks like 'uncle' Graham in those pictures! I had never noticed it before... so cute! I just love every stage they go through :) Once one ends then you're celebrating the next. We still are amazed at our little Ayla daily. I hope that never goes away! Ps thanks for the comment on the house... We really need it to go and I love it very much!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

hey. i was just thinking about you. jp just txted me that the browers went thru! ha i was like wow tara is sneaky!! :) hope they liked it. i am home w/ ay while she is napping. you know us moms gotta do our jobs!

Brittany said...

I can't believe little Jack is already 7 months old. It just seemed like yesterday that you came over to get maternity clothes!! Love the tongue picture!!

Jessie said...

Jack's dimples are too cute! I absolutely love seeing those great big grins on babies. Seeing what he's doing makes me even more excited for Koen to start doing some of those things. Although I am trying not to "wish away" his newborn stage:)

Leah Robinson said...

Oh my he is growing!! I hope I get to see him in person some day :) He is a cutie!!!

wags said...

Are you guys having fun this weekend? We look forward to seeing you around here again! Brian was thinking about making the drive to St. Louis tomorrow b/c UNI is playing in the tournament - - - but too much going on around here right now. I love Jackson's pictures