What a busy and interesting week. Let's see, we started out Monday morning puking on mommy, Tuesday morning puking on himself, and Wednesday morning, puking on mommy and himself, and Thursday morning back to just puking on himself! On the upside Friday we were puke-free! Yeah! He was a little fussier than normal earlier this week and he wouldn't eat really well for the sitter. I think it was just the top 2 teeth coming in, because he didn't have any other symptoms of being sick.
The puking was what really threw me for a loop. It was only in the morning and then Jack would act and eat fine the rest of the day. If I had the time, I would have posted on here and asked for advice, however I was too busy cleaning up puke - a vicious never-ending cycle of puke. After a week of trial and error, I think I realize what was wrong and since then..... no puking. And this is where I owe my son an apology "Jack, mommy is sorry - she was just feeding you too much". After calling the Dr. and asking for suggestions, I realized the only thing I had done differently in the last week or two was switch the order or his morning routine. I used to feed Jack his fruit and cereal first and then nurse, but lately I had been nursing first and then fruit and cereal. I thought this method would be better b/c at this age he is still supposed to get his main source of nutrition from milk. Well, Jack, mommy was wrong. The Dr said that Jack was just overeating. He said that he doesn't know when to stop when being fed from a spoon. Therefore, I am supposed to feed him his fruit and cereal first (and in a smaller quantity) and then nurse him. When he's tired or full, he'll stop nursing. And just like that, we've been puke-free for 3 days!
Jack is also becoming more difficult to contain..... he is everywhere. Fascinated by the coffee table and the glass-front of the TV cabinet. He's so curious. My parents visited this weekend and just while they were here he started rolling end over end. He's rolled from back to belly and belly to back before, but not end over end. Now he's doing it with such ease. So we have made a tough decision to rid ourselves of some clutter in our little 2 bedroom apartment and sorry to say the kitchen table is moving out. We have barstools to sit at our bar and regrettably eat in front of the TV more often than not - so we rarely use the kitchen table. It will find a temporary home in IN and we will reunite with it in December when we move home. This will make a new little play area for Jack that is off in it's own space and a place to store all his toys.
Just Friday, he's also found his tongue and the different sounds he can make when he wiggles it around in his mouth. What a jabbering, funny boy. See the tongue?........
The puking was what really threw me for a loop. It was only in the morning and then Jack would act and eat fine the rest of the day. If I had the time, I would have posted on here and asked for advice, however I was too busy cleaning up puke - a vicious never-ending cycle of puke. After a week of trial and error, I think I realize what was wrong and since then..... no puking. And this is where I owe my son an apology "Jack, mommy is sorry - she was just feeding you too much". After calling the Dr. and asking for suggestions, I realized the only thing I had done differently in the last week or two was switch the order or his morning routine. I used to feed Jack his fruit and cereal first and then nurse, but lately I had been nursing first and then fruit and cereal. I thought this method would be better b/c at this age he is still supposed to get his main source of nutrition from milk. Well, Jack, mommy was wrong. The Dr said that Jack was just overeating. He said that he doesn't know when to stop when being fed from a spoon. Therefore, I am supposed to feed him his fruit and cereal first (and in a smaller quantity) and then nurse him. When he's tired or full, he'll stop nursing. And just like that, we've been puke-free for 3 days!
Jack is also becoming more difficult to contain..... he is everywhere. Fascinated by the coffee table and the glass-front of the TV cabinet. He's so curious. My parents visited this weekend and just while they were here he started rolling end over end. He's rolled from back to belly and belly to back before, but not end over end. Now he's doing it with such ease. So we have made a tough decision to rid ourselves of some clutter in our little 2 bedroom apartment and sorry to say the kitchen table is moving out. We have barstools to sit at our bar and regrettably eat in front of the TV more often than not - so we rarely use the kitchen table. It will find a temporary home in IN and we will reunite with it in December when we move home. This will make a new little play area for Jack that is off in it's own space and a place to store all his toys.
Just Friday, he's also found his tongue and the different sounds he can make when he wiggles it around in his mouth. What a jabbering, funny boy. See the tongue?........

This weekend, my parents came for a quick, 1 night visit. We went out to dinner Friday night and then had a beautiful day Saturday to take a walk around the lake and enjoy a few hours together. Jess was around part of the day, but he's also studying for National Board exams this week. He takes part 2, 3, and Physical Therapy boards this weekend. That's a really hefty load, but the way his graduation and schedule falls, his class has to take these boards all together, rather than spreading them out. After this round, he'll have just Part 4 to complete before graduation in December. Hard to believe how far he's come and how close we are getting to the end.
Here are some pictures I took of Jack this weekend.
The top two teeth are making their debut!




3 comments:
Great pics! The black/white is a neat one!
Glad he's doing better. Parenting is seriously trial & error! Ps. I love when babies start eating carrots (he's all rosy nosed!)
I love the pic of Jack smiling showing off his soon to be top teethers! Thanks for the sandwich recipe- it was a hit at small group!!
Post a Comment