Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Graham

Well tomorrow my other baby is a year older..... my baby brother. Graham is turning 19 - hard to believe! He's graduating high school, going to college, has a job - boy is he "growing up". Happy Birthday Graham!

There are 7 years between Graham and I, so it's enough that sometimes growing up I felt (and regrettably acted) more like a mom to him. We've always been in different phases of our lives just because of our age difference. Think about it - he was in 6th grade when I graduated high school! Sometimes that was a hard thing, like when he wanted to do everything I was doing and sometimes it was a really good thing.

I don't think it will come as a surprise when I tell you that between Graham and I, Graham has always been the more daring, wild child. Like the time he jumped off the roof after one of his toys landed up there (when he was 4 or so) just because it was quicker to get down that way rather than going back through the window OR the time he put a For Sale sign on my friend Emily's bicycle (that she'd left over at the house) and was trying to sell it to strangers driving by on our road just to make a quick buck . That's just a few of the many examples of the exciting tales of Graham Singleton. But today, I celebrate all of that and all that makes him unique and special and my brother!

Below is a picture of Jack and Uncle Graham. Since the first time they met, Uncle Graham and Jack have been buds. Graham is always able to make Jack laugh.... and I mean really laugh! I think this picture is hilarious and oh so typical of that "wild side" I think Graham will try and bring out in Jack. The poor child doesn't even know the meaning of his gesture - so innocent. The weird thing is that I have more than 1 picture of Jack like this and their both with Uncle Graham.... hmmm..... I don't even think Graham had a wild streak this early - what am I in for? :)


Oh, and by the way, my dad started a new blog titled Singleton Travels. He's not updating it real often right now, but it will be full of updates in the summertime. Graham and Dad are taking a father/son cross country motorcycle trip this summer and they will document their travels on that site. It's kind of a graduation gift to Graham, but if you ask me it's a dream come true for Dad.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Happy Bday Graham! He was a little bro to me for awhile too since it seems like soccer boys are traveling/together for years! He's a funny dude, hope he doesn't loose that in the 'real world'.

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

I can't believe Graham is 19, that is crazy! Your dad will have a blast this summer, can't wait to see what those two are up to and what kind of trouble they get into! :) As for the cheering, I think it will be ok if Em doesn't know cheers, especially your version of two bits! HAHA! I am missing cuddling with my little man, I need to see him! I got to cuddle with Mr. Cale the other day... sorry I have to rub it in a little! :) Looking forward to seeing you SOON!