Monday, March 16, 2009

Jack's New Space and a Visit from the Browers

Spring is finally here, hooray! The weekend was nice and this week is supposed to be even better. My weekend started early - I took the day off Friday to watch Jack. His babysitter, Lila, had a death in the family, so I just took the opportunity to stay home with him that day. Although, I must admit, I'm not very good at just staying home. We did get out and about. I even took him into work to show him off! It had been 4 months since most of my coworkers had seen him. Jack wasn't too sure about everyone gushing over him.... he is very calm and good natured (no fussing) but he is definitely starting to tell "strangers" apart from mom and dad.


Friday night Debbie and Darrell came and we went out to eat. Then Saturday, they watched Jack while I went to work and Jess went to school. He had to take his part II, III, and PT boards over the weekend (glad that's done!). I had to work a few hours on Saturday - it's a firmwide effort that we do every trimester (called Promos... short for Promotion) to help increase financial advisor activity in the field. We really enjoyed our time with Grandma and Grandpa Brower here this weekend and I know Jack enjoyed having them here too. He demonstrated that when he didn't want to go to bed until 10:00 both nights! Little Stinker!


This week we also made Jack a new play space. I've been talking about taking our kitchen table down for weeks and we finally did it. Jack now has a cute little play area away from the TV and out of the pathway from living room to bedroom.


Here are some pictures of Jack from this weekend in his new play area, with his Grandma and Grandpa Brower and chewing/playing with his new favorite toys... his socks and the clothes basket!







Photobucket

3 comments:

Mandi Knepp said...

What a GREAT mom and dad... you cleared the room so your little boy could have fun! He looks like he is enjoying it. I love keeping up with your family and I would love to see you sometime... meet jack. Hopefully soon or better yet when you move home! Good to chat with you.

Bethany said...

Jack is getting so big - they grow up way too fast. He looks like such a happy baby!

Anonymous said...

Jack is so cute!! Glad to see your comment on our blog -- I love your blog too, you guys are adorable! Send me your email address and I'll send you the recipes. My email is cassieclittle@hotmail.com