Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Celebration of Life

My mind, thoughts and prayer have been with Andrea Boes and her family these last few days. Andrea was a few years older than I, but being in the same town, same school - I knew of her…. I knew she was a devoted mother who loved her little boy Ethan more than anything, I knew she was a loving wife, I knew she was a woman of God, I knew she was a wonderful friend to Janelle, Kristin, Brooke and so many others I know. My heart aches and my tears swell for her family and friends who are going through the hardest time of their lives.

"For Good" is a song from my favorite musical, Wicked. It was sung at our wedding as our parents and grandparents made their way down the aisle - both a joyous and sad occasion. I think it is also fitting for a time like this - both a joyous and sad occasion. Isn't it amazing that one woman is able to touch so many lives, both of family, friends and strangers?

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetimeS
o let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with meLike a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed FOR GOOD."


Photobucket

2 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

What a great post!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

PS. On our house, we are contemplating putting our house back on the market this weekend. So the great price we were offering will be going back up. I know timing is not right, but thought id let you know.