Jack's 1st Easter.
We had a long Easter weekend. Jess was off school on Friday and I was off work, so we headed home Thursday night (late) after Jess got off clinic duty at school. Jack slept fine on the way home and continued to sleep through the night.
Friday was a relaxing day. Abby and Cale came over to visit. I hadn't seen him since February, so I loved being able to hold him and pinch his full cheeks. What a healthy boy and a proud mama. I swear she is such a natural. I headed to Vincennes at noon to get my hair cut (see previous post) and that night we headed to Josh and Liz Mullis's house for a cookout. They just moved into a new (beautiful) house in Washington and we were anxious to see it and anxious to see Liz's growing belly. She's very petite, but cute pregnant - and not very big considering that she carrying twins! How fun!
Saturday, we headed to Jess's mom and dad's to spend most of the day. What a great day - the sun was shining and we had so many visitors that we don't get to see often enough. After supper, we headed back to my mom and dad's to prepare for all the festivities on Easter Sunday.
Sunday, we went to my Grandma Jo's for lunch. It was also her birthday, so we celebrated with a fish fry and birthday cake. Then we headed over to my Grandma and Grandpa Williams for supper. It was fun getting all the babies together. Levi is one week older than Jack, and Marlee and Milee are 5 months old.
We had a long Easter weekend. Jess was off school on Friday and I was off work, so we headed home Thursday night (late) after Jess got off clinic duty at school. Jack slept fine on the way home and continued to sleep through the night.
Friday was a relaxing day. Abby and Cale came over to visit. I hadn't seen him since February, so I loved being able to hold him and pinch his full cheeks. What a healthy boy and a proud mama. I swear she is such a natural. I headed to Vincennes at noon to get my hair cut (see previous post) and that night we headed to Josh and Liz Mullis's house for a cookout. They just moved into a new (beautiful) house in Washington and we were anxious to see it and anxious to see Liz's growing belly. She's very petite, but cute pregnant - and not very big considering that she carrying twins! How fun!
Saturday, we headed to Jess's mom and dad's to spend most of the day. What a great day - the sun was shining and we had so many visitors that we don't get to see often enough. After supper, we headed back to my mom and dad's to prepare for all the festivities on Easter Sunday.
Sunday, we went to my Grandma Jo's for lunch. It was also her birthday, so we celebrated with a fish fry and birthday cake. Then we headed over to my Grandma and Grandpa Williams for supper. It was fun getting all the babies together. Levi is one week older than Jack, and Marlee and Milee are 5 months old.
We decided not to rush and get back Sunday evening, so we stayed over and just came back Monday. Jess was still off school and I took the day off. We had an early lunch at Mi Pueblow with my dad before heading back. Again Jack was great in the car on the way back. He even took a bottle in his carseat and then fell back to sleep.
All in all it was a great Easter. The only hiccup was that Jack decided that he didn't want to sleep through the night. Chalk it up to a different environment, lots of activities, knowing that mom and dad were sleeping in the same room, knowing that mom wasn't going to let him cry it out and wake up the whole house for 2 hours, etc. Who knows..... but it was not pleasant. He seemed fine once I pulled him into bed with me for an hour or so then he let me put him back in his bed (and he slept fine after that until morning). To my disappointment, he continued this pattern this last week once we were back home. He just wants to be held or be close to me for an hour or so - then he fine with returning to his own bed. The cry it out method was NOT working with him (we exceeded 1 1/2 hours the other night). So, I have resigned myself to the fact that this child rules this house and my sleep is not worth making him cry it out. Call it failure, or what you will, but I call it Much Needed Sleep (however I can get it)!



3 comments:
Definitely not a failure. I dont think the cry it out thing works for every child! Ayla never could she would cry for hours, then so would I, and overall Id rather have a well rested, happy girl than one that had to go through all of that to get to sleep ONE night. Also, Ayla didn't sleep well during growth spurts, so maybe that is it?
Oh Tara, you're definitely not a failure!!Just a fabulous working mom who needs her rest:)Koen did the same thing when we went to Florida. He was sleeping really well and then once he figured out he wasn't in his nursery & mom and dad were in the room, he didn't sleep well at all. (Forunately) he got back into his sleeping routine soon after we returned. I'm sure Jack will do the same!!
Tara....how long would you let Jack cry it out? I made Grant cry it out last night...lasted 40 minutes....i was afraid I as gonna pull my ears off. This sucks...landon was a good sleeper...why can't Grant be one....he did end up sleeping the rest of the night...but I felt terrible....I sure hope each night gets better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment