Thursday, April 23, 2009

A "Super" Help!



This week has definitely been busy, but it's been much more enjoyable thanks to my mother-in-law.

Jack's babysitter takes 2 weeks of vacation a year and this week happened to be one of those. Our hectic schedules haven't given us the opportunity to really search for a backup sitter, so during this week Debbie came out to watch Jack.

Not only has Jack been spoiled, but I have too! It's been so nice to not have to get myself ready, Jack fed, Jack changed and ready for the day, bag packed, etc. It's good that he gets socialization with other babies his age at the sitters, but it's SO convenient just having him at home. It has left more time in the evenings for walks, dinner, and playtime. I know Jack has enjoyed it and so have Jess and I. We even got to attend the Cardinals game on Tuesday night and plan to go Saturday afternoon. I won tickets through work, so Jess and I enjoyed a date night (hot dogs and nachos… real romantic right!?)

Another upside to Debbie being here is that Jack started acting a little sickly. At first I thought it was just his teeth bothering him, then he started getting a cough. He still isn't sleeping well, and maybe that's why….. I just don't have the heart to let him cry it out when I know he's not feeling well. We ended up taking him to get a quick checkup at the Dr's and he says lungs are clear and he's fine – just a minor cold.

So far, Jack has been good for his Grandma Debbie and pretty much stayed on schedule. We did introduce 2 oz of formula with 4 oz of breastmilk in a bottle, she has been reading him books, giving him presents and even started a daily ritual of watching Barney (don't know how I feel about the big purple dinosaur – but it could be worse, right?).

I'll leave you with a few Debbie-isms (and a picture of Jack and Grandma Debbie). I've joked about Jess not calling Jack his real name; instead always a nickname. Well, now I know where it gets it.

Grandma Debbie's alternative names for Jackson:

1) Babycakes
2) Little Boy Blue
3) Blue Eyes
4) SoggyDoggy (used for Jack's diaper)




Photobucket

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds really nice having Debbie out there. Jack looks SOO Cute in the picture of him with Grandma. He has such a sweet expression.

Kristin said...

Tara,
Sounds like Debbie is enjoying her time there with Jack!

The Armes Family said...

That's sweet of Debbie to come watch Jack...I'm sure she just hated that..hahahaha!!!!! He looks so cute...Can't believe he is crawling...geez...what a fast year it has been!!!! Your gonna be planning a 1 yr bday party before you know it!!

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

What is it about those grandma's and BARNEY! :) HAHA! Emily LOVES "Barney" and "Bop" thanks to Mamaw Sue! Looks like Jack is having lots of fun with Grandma Debbie! Glad you and Jess had a romantic evening! :) Talk soon!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

How great is that to have family be able to be there for us when we need them! :)

Jessie said...

Don't you love the grandmas?! I don't know what we would do without their help. We call on ours quite a bit:)