Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day as a Mommy!

The reason I am a mommy.......

What a beautiful weekend. We spent a lot of the weekend outside enjoying the nice weather. We found a new place where we will spend a lot of time this summer..... Babler State Park. It's about 4 miles down the road and I can't believe we never found it until now. It will be a fun place for Jack to play, and Jess and I to ride bikes and take walks. We picked up lunch at St. Louis Bread Co. (Panera) and took it to the park to eat. Then we drove to the nearby driving range and Jack and I played while Jess hit a few balls. We switched off and I hit (missed) a few balls. It was especially entertaining for Jack because there is a small airport behind the golf course and we got to watch the planes and helicopters land and take off. I started flying Jack around like an airplane swooping through the air and he started making this sound with his lips.... kind of like an airplane. Jess and I were cracking up! When we got home, we all took a long walk and enjoyed the end of my first Mother's Day as a mommy.



Jack is getting the hang of "Patty Cake". When I say the words "Patty Cake" this is what he does! Very cute!

He noticed the camera and got excited! "Here I come, mom!"

Kisses (bites) for mommy on Mother's Day. Hey, I'll take what I can get!


This is a typical picture of my son, who sometimes acts more like a puppy dog. We are fighting over the ball with our mouths!
Even though it was Mother's Day - I just had to post a picture of Jack and Jess playing in the sun. If he could talk, he would be saying "Hey Dad, that's my hat!"

Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the kiss picture! Sounds like your weekend outside was awesome!

Debbie said...

I am so glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I loved the pictures. Jack will have to take grandma and grandpa to the park on our next visit.

Love, Debbie

Anonymous said...

we used to love babler! my sister, pete, and i hiked there for the last time the day before we moved - almost one year ago!
happy belated mother's day to you, tara! - beth