Sunday, June 21, 2009

1st Father's Day


Jack is coming up on 1 yr old... but isn't there yet. That means it was Jess's 1st Father's Day. Here are the accounts of our day and how we celebrated.

6:10 am - Jack and I woke up (correction -> Jack woke me up :) and we fixed a big breakfast for Jess. Menu was peanut butter pancakes (his favorite), eggs, strawberry and blueberry fruit salad.


7:15 am - 1:00 pm - Jess left for his seminar in Clayton right after breakfast. Jack went down for a long nap, he woke, we played, and fixed lunch. We made homemade pizza with whole wheat crust, mushrooms, spinach, pizza sauce, sun dried tomatoes, regular tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese, goat cheese and some mozz. cheese. Boy was it good! I'm usually not that good at making homemade pizzas, but this is a recipe I'll stick with. Jack loved the pizza crust and the cheese and begged for more.

1:30 - Jess returned home and opened his gifts from Jack and I. I bought Jess a card and Jack (when I say Jack, I mean "me") made him a card. Jess's big Father's Day present was a new hybrid 3 iron golf club. We also gave him a pair of summer pajamas. He loved them both. Another present was an afternoon nap. When Jack went down for his usual snooze. So did Jess (and me too). I think Jess was equally thrilled with this gift.

Evening - we grilled out..... burgers, salad, sweet potato fries, and peach pie for dessert. Then we went for an evening swim. Jack loves the water. We've been swimming 3 times now, all in the evenings once the sun is behind us and it's cooled off a bit. But this was the first time with Jess. Jack kicks and laughs and splashes. He's very content, not clingy or scared. It was fun seeing both of them in the pool together. Here are a few pictures from today.





It was a day filled with food, fun, and just spending time together. I enjoyed just stepping back and watching the two of them interact and imaging what good friends they'll be as Jack gets older. He has such a wonderful daddy to look up to.

Photobucket

No comments: