I've noticed this for quite some time, but was hoping it wasn't a trend..... I was wrong! My son loves to climb. I suppose this just means he is curious and that's a good thing. The really scary thing is that he is actually good at it! Thank goodness he just learned how to back down. Before he was diving head first.
Here is a list of things he likes to frequently climb.
1. The ottoman to our arm chair. He can now climb onto this from the floor all by himself.
2. The back of the armchair to get to the light switch. Evidence below.
3. The armchair to the couch, then brave the gap from the couch to the loveseat.
4. The couch onto the end table.
5. The couch or loveseat onto the coffee table. Evidence below.
6. On top of his musical play table. Evidence below.
7. Jess and I (yes, he will literally climb up to our shoulders if we are sitting on the floor). Evidence below.
8. His high chair. Evidence below.
9. His rocking chair.
10. His "JACK" sitting chair. Evidence below.

11. And my favorite - the TV. He climbs on top of the subwoofer, then uses that as a stepping stool to the TV stand. Occasionally he will even put both hands on top of the TV and act like he is godzilla trying to pull it down. That's when Jess really freaks out. Me, not so much. Evidence of me trying to scold, while Grandma Debbie is laughing and taking a picture!


4 comments:
Wow you have your hands full now!! I kept anxiously awaiting the day Koen would take off and crawl. Now I can't keep up with him. I can't imagine what it'll be like when he's climbing things!!!! Can't wait to see you guys more soon!!
I hate to be the one with the bad news but it only gets worse LOL... My son is now 3.5 and he climbs and jumps from even more scary places lol... Boys are soo much fun :o)
Such a fun little guy! Be careful with the TV thing. I saw something on the Today show a few months back that falling flat screens is one of the fastest growing household injuries for kids. Just thought I would share, because I would have never thought that a big one of those could fall on Meredith.
Dusty mentioned that you guys talked insurance the other day...we would LOVE boxes if the timing works out. I have been saving here and there, but we don't have even close to what we'll need!!
Post a Comment