It's hard to believe that we have lived in St. Louis for the past 3+ years. Even harder to believe that Jess has been in school for that entire time and then some (4 years of undergrad at Purdue + 3 years at Logan College of Chiropractic in STL). We moved here specifically for that reason. It was an easy decision and I supported him - we were newlyweds, new city, new home, and a new life - and it's been fun!
Today's post is dedicated to him and all the hard work he has put in over the years. As of today, he is on the home stretch! He finished his last final exam EVER this morning at 9 am and is completely done with all classroom work! From here on out, he will see patients in the student clinic and complete his preceptorship at a local Chiropractor's office in STL. The only test left to take will be the last round of board exams right around graduation time.
I can't express in words how proud I am of him. The countless long nights, tough exams, anxiety & worry over school, early mornings of class, splitting time between family and school are all over. I'm not naive - I know there will be new challenges that we face soon, like building a house, starting a business, expanding our family, etc. But it does feel good (and I'm speaking on his behalf) to have this challenge behind us. It's nice to finish a "project" every now and then.


4 comments:
are you expecting? that was the 2nd comment on expanding your family!! ha congrats jess
Courtney's a blog-stalker. HA, I'm so kidding...she knows I am;) Anyways, how PROUD you must be! It's so awesome to feel that you have worked so hard to get somewhere & you've made it that far. He should definitely be proud of himself. That's a huge undertaking & accomplishment. Congrats to all of you for making it!
haha courtney! Definitely not expecting!
That is very exciting and congrats to Jess and you! Are you guys going to build back home?
Post a Comment