We are land owners (and taxpayers of Daviess County)! How exciting!

I wanted to wait until the news was official before I posted. And it is - yesterday, Wednesday, August 12, 2009 Jess and I purchased a 1/2 acre lot in Washington and we will break ground in the next week or so.
It's going to be a very interesting couple of months. Jack and I will be moving back home in October, Jess to follow in December, I will be starting a new job, Jess will be preparing for his, we need to find Jack a babysitter (any ideas?) and we are building a home. Some would say we're crazy, some would say it's great. Ask me after it's all over and I'll give you my opinion, but until then I'm just going to try and keep it all together. The real interesting bit will be building from 2 states away! On that note, we are very fortunate to have such wonderful parents who are willing to help out whenever asked - and trust me, they have and will be asked!
Before we decided to build, we did look at homes in and around Washington. We had difficulty finding one we liked, one that was in our budget and one that fit all our needs. That's when a local builder approached us and offered us the option of building. It will be a modest starter home for our family of 3 (and someday beyond) and we hope to be there for the next 8-10 years.
Enjoy the picture of our future home.

More updates to come as progress gets underway.

5 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Wowza! Go Browers! :) Can wait to see you at playgroup (hopefully) someday soon. Where is the lot located? Things will be stressful, but take it as it comes.
Congratulations!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Jenelle told me you'd bought land there. How exciting!!!
Welcome back! Yippie! I think Jack and Gabe will be buddies!
Post a Comment