Monday, August 10, 2009

Ballgames, Birthday aftermath and Grandparents!


We have been BUSY! These last few weeks have flown by. We've done a lot of traveling back and forth between Indiana and Missouri, not to mention I've been swamped at work, Jess is finishing his last few weeks of actual classroom work, Jack turned 1, and we are preparing for a move home in a few short months.

On Jack's 1st birthday he woke up and opened a surprise present from his daddy! I had no idea Jess had gotten him this big boy expandable tricycle! Jack can't quite reach the pedals, but he loves to be pushed around. When daddy's driving, he holds on for dear life!


Mommy's gift pales in comparison to daddy's. But he loves it nonetheless. It's a pull-along snake!

Uncle Jay, Aunt Jo and Kristin all came over last weekend for a nice visit and baseball game.


My mom flew back into town Saturday night (she was visiting my dad and brother in Jackson, WY for a week) and stayed with us all the next week to watch Jack while his regular babysitter, Lila, was on vacation. I know we all really enjoyed having her here. We had some unbelievable meals and Jack loved having his Grandma Susie around.

Jack had a Dr's appt last week at Children's Hospital downtown (everything is fine) but we did have to see a Pediatric Urologist. So before the appointment, Grandma Susie, Jack and I all went to the zoo for a couple of hours. We bought tickets to the Sea Lion show.... so fun!

Clapping for the Sea Lions

Later that week, my dad and Graham arrived back in St. Louis. They were gone on their month long motorcycle trip to the west coast and back. While they were gone, they missed Jack's actual 1st birthday, so Grandpa Joe searched high and low for his perfect birthday present and this is what he came back with - a moose puppet! I'm glad they had a nice trip with great experiences, but also glad they are home safe and sound and in one piece.

Jack and I made a quick trip back to Washington on Friday with my mom and then rode back to St. Louis Sunday with Debbie and Darrell (Jess's mom and dad). Jack's babysitter Lila is on vacation until tomorrow (Tuesday) and they came to spend a few days with us (and by us, I mean Jack). Here we are enjoying the HOT evening outside with Jack on his tricycle.


Jack is enjoying his visit from Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Brower. He's seemed to pick up a few new habits since they arrived. I'm going to blame them on Grandpa Brower :)


My "not-so-baby" and me hanging out outside.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I still can't believe he is a year old already...I bet he loves that tri-cycle!