The title of this post is fitting. Jack has a few funny games that he likes to play lately - and a few not so funny ones. First the good.....
When in the bathtub we practice learning and pointing to our body parts. He can point to head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, fingers, toes, belly, and his little man parts - which we scientifically call "wee wee". I know there are many terms out there for it, but this one seemed most appropriate and it's the first baby/kid friendly term to come to mind. Jack has actually combined this game with another favorite game of his... Hide and Seek.
Can you see where this is going? Let me give you a picture to help.
The game is called "where's the wee wee". He started this on his own one night and when we got to that body part, he threw whatever he could find (wash cloth, drinking cup, bath toy, etc) over it and threw his hands in the air as if to say "where did it go?" Needless to say, it's the little things in life that really make you laugh.
Jack has also been getting into "trouble" lately. He has been biting me (and only me). I have been told that this may be an attention-getter for Jack and I think that makes a lot of sense. He tends to bite my legs and it's only when I am preoccupied doing dishes or putting on my morning makeup and he wants to be picked up or held. After he bites, I most always scream, tell him "no no, that hurts mommy" and then go about my business. He then proceeds to throw his hand back behind his head like he is going to hit me. And most of the time he will, although not hard. So I decided it was time to stop that trend before it got too messy. Thanks to a previous-post suggestion from Courtney, we started time-out at the Brower house. It has worked quite well and I haven't gotten bit for a week or so.
Jack learned so quickly and now we use timeout for a few other things as well. An example of his quick learning.... After the 5th time of my taking Jack to time out for hitting/biting, that afternoon he was trying to poke the flat screen TV with one of his little toys. I told him no, he didn't listen, I tried again, he didn't listen (and he smiled at me while doing it) - so then I threatened. I said "Jack do you want to go sit in the corner?" And without a cry or a whimper, he ducked his head, went straight to out designated corner and sat down! I wish I had my camera, it was all I could do NOT to start laughing in front of him. Needless to say, I think he now knows the meaning of the corner.
Yesterday was out first day in the snow. It seems like Jack was either just starting a cold or just finishing one when we got the heavy snows, so we waited until a 50 degree day and it was almost melted to go out. He didn't love it (mostly because it was new), but I got a few good pictures.


Last but not least, this must be the post where I tackle all the taboo topics, but somehow it seems ok when it's through the eyes and actions of a 1-yr old. See this picture?..........Don't judge!
Well there IS a story behind this. Jess and I attended a Rotary silent auction last night and I bid on a bunch of Christmas decorations and this came with. Needless to say it was very different than most Christmas decorations Jack has ever seen. He knew it was "ho ho" as he calls it. But what was hilarious is that he started "mooing". The only thing I can think of is that since this was black and white like his moo cows, he thought it was some version of that. Oh the things kids put together.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
It's Not All Fun and Games!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! I am so glad that time out is working. Its easy sometimes and hard at times. Good luck. Parenting isn't easy but it wis worth it!
I'm still loving the Santa!:)
Post a Comment