Monday, December 27, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm..... and then the Storm!

I am referencing the "storm" that is Christmas Day with our family. What a wonderful storm it was. I am always excited for it to come, but also glad to see it pass. I have become more like this since Jack was born. I enjoy the events and the festivities but I do like my "normal/quiet" life too. I love seeing family and friends and getting all of us together. I love the food. And I love seeing all the grandkids and great-grandkids play together. But I also LOVE the day after Christmas.... when it's just the 3 of us, playing with toys, watching movies and munching on leftovers.

This Christmas was special for many reasons. Below are a few of them.

We are lucky to have Louise in our lives. She tells us how wonderful we are everyday, but she has truly blessed us over the years. Jack likes visiting "Weezy" (as he calls her).


Christmas Eve was spent with my family.... having soup and sandwiches, attending Christmas Eve Service at Church and then opening gifts with my immediate family. It was special as always, but really nice to have Graham home from Florida. Glad they finally gave him a break from school to come home for a visit. The next one won't be until July.


This is one of Jack's gifts on Christmas Eve. From then until now.... that all I hear about... bike this and bike that... where's my bike.... watch me ride my bike. He loves to tell me how the pipes are hot and there is smoke that come out of them. What an imagination.

By the way, in case you are wondering, it's not a real bike. It's a glider (aka no pedals). It's meant to help kids get their balance before they are ready to ride a bike.

The coupe made it's debut and has remained at Grandma's house. She has hardwood through the whole upper level and he likes to make circles around her house. He is too much like his daddy because the other day I caught him playing with it and talking about how dirty his car was. He then proceeded to pretend wash it!


This is Christmas morning at our house. Jack slept in until 8:30. Jess and I were up before he was, waiting on him. He was up too late the night before, we didn't want to get started too early Christmas Day. We enjoyed the morning - just us 3 - opening gifts.



The note on the back of this said "Even though you are a mess, I still love you." Very appropriate!


Jess and his new watch.


Jack would have loved a dog for Christmas, but we parents have to draw the line somewhere. I am so glad I invested (and I do mean 'invested') in a PotteryBarn Dog Sleeping Bag. He loves this and I caught him talking to it when no one was watching.


This was his big gift from Jess and I. I had debated holding it back due to the amounts of larger gifts he received from both grandparents, but in the end I settled for "It's Christmas... go ahead, spoil him". Therefore....... we did. He loves this easel, especially the dry erase marker.



Here is Jack opening a gift at my Grandma and Grandpa Williams. In total there were 35 of us there and 8 great-grandchildren.


Jack did this inbetween visits to my Grandma Williams' and Debbie and Darrell's. He also received this adorable hat for Christmas.



Reading a book Grandma Debbie got him. She got him lots of Mickey Mouse...... and if you know Jack.... he loves lots of Mickey Mouse right now!

A family picture of Trent, Liz and Addy. We found out that day that she loves cartoons!


Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We are enjoying a little downtime last week and this week and being thankful for all that we have given and received.


Photobucket

No comments: