Many of my blogging friends have been SO good about posting each day about a JOY of this Christmas season. Since I can't commit to a once a day schedule (I can hardly commit to once a month), I am going to dedicate this post to my 25 (plus or minus) favorite tangible items that get me in the holiday mood. It just might take you 25 days to read it. In that case, consider it a post each day and check back to see the next picture in line.
These are the kind of items/memories that make you feel warm and cozy when it's snowing outside, strike a memory or familiar smell just by walking by, and things that give me a sense of comfort and belonging. Enjoy this trip inside my head.... and house. These are presented in no certain order of importance.
These are the kind of items/memories that make you feel warm and cozy when it's snowing outside, strike a memory or familiar smell just by walking by, and things that give me a sense of comfort and belonging. Enjoy this trip inside my head.... and house. These are presented in no certain order of importance.
1) Jack's new bed that his Papaw Joe made him. He loves his big boy bed and loves that Papaw Joe made it even more!


2) The bedding I bought for Jack's bed. Seriously, LL Bean flannel sheet bedding is amazing. Most nights I secretly want to go to Jack's bed to sleep. It makes getting up with him in the middle of the night much easier when I have the most comfortable bedding EVER to fall into.

3) Ok, ok, so this is one of Jack's favorites... but because it's his favorite, it's mine also. It brings me great joy not only to see him adore his grandparents but the bond he shares with this four legged friend is wonderful! Jack sometimes randomly says in conversation with Jess and I that "Cork is my buddy".

4) Making sugar cookies with family. Jack loves his cousins and they love on him back, sometimes too much!

5) Snowflake winter bedding

6) Waking up to this picture.

7) These curtains. I don't know why I love them so much, I just do. They were an IKEA find on a random shopping trip and I fell in love. That love was solidified when I saw them used on an episode of Sarah's House on HGTV (my all time favorite home show and the epitome of what I want a future home to feel/look like).

8) A sparkly wreath on an inside door.

9) All year-round decorations spiced up a bit for the holidays.

10) Decorative boxes that stack within each other. They serve 2 purposes... looking pretty and play toys for Jack.
11) This wonderful kid's table and chairs my dad make for Jack. When we are using it the bears sit and have tea together here.

12) Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the tree. I have some pretty ornaments on here, but try and make a Christmas tree as meaningful as possible with many memories captured here. Including this ornament below from last year. They are a pain (molasses ornaments) but sure beautiful to look at.


13) Stockings - we don't have a chimney, so we do the best with what we are given. This is where ours hang until Christmas morning.

10) Decorative boxes that stack within each other. They serve 2 purposes... looking pretty and play toys for Jack.
11) This wonderful kid's table and chairs my dad make for Jack. When we are using it the bears sit and have tea together here.
12) Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the tree. I have some pretty ornaments on here, but try and make a Christmas tree as meaningful as possible with many memories captured here. Including this ornament below from last year. They are a pain (molasses ornaments) but sure beautiful to look at.


13) Stockings - we don't have a chimney, so we do the best with what we are given. This is where ours hang until Christmas morning.

14) A welcoming front door.

15) A homemade project (that took f.o.r.e.v.e.r.) but so worth it. Ever done this?.... saw it in a Pottery Barn catalog and I thought "I can do that". Well $40 dollars and 10 hours later, this is what came out. For the record I did make 2, thus the extra time. It's an advent tree and something we can use to count down the days until Christmas. Below is a closeup of one of the pockets.


16) A bowl full of fresh fruit on the counter.

18) This homemade cranberry sauce just happened to be cooking at the time of this post and smelled heavenly. Even more heavenly because my husband was making it (and not I).

19) Gifts from neighbors that make great holiday decor.

20) A throw back to an old fashioned Christmas. I love decorating with these canning jars and I found the candle holder for a few dollars out at The Pig and Fiddle... such a neat store (also love the Blue Door as well)

21) Nothing says winter and holidays like a corduroy holiday Elmo sitting in a rocking chair.
22) The Nativity season that I was given as part of a wedding gift.
23) Beautifully wrapped shiny gifts with lots of bows. It's a miracle if they haven't all been tied 2 or 3 times by Christmas morning (Jack likes to play with the ribbons).

24) Nuts on the coffee table for looks and for tasting.

25) The glow of this faux candle that can keep Jack occupied for a good hour.

26) This random idea I had to fill our glass lamp with yarn-wrapped ornaments and garland.

27) The first real snow.

28) Having to break out the heavy snow boots

29) Two of my favorite drinks to warm body and soul.


30) The thought of Jubilee Christmas tomorrow night and the joy those parents will feel as they provide their children with a great Christmas.



2 comments:
Your dad has def. has a woodworking talent! He does a GREAT job!!! I also love your homemade project....very cute. I ended up reading all 25:)
So cute!!
Post a Comment