There are a lot of changes happening around here.... in addition to my bodily changes (pregnancy post to come later), there are many physical changes in the appearance of our home to prepare for an expanding family and make a little more space for all of us!
Project #1: Complete basement remodel.
We decided to leave the basement unfinished when we built the home 1 1/2 years ago - just trying to stay within our budget and we said we would finish it when time and finances allow. We feel very blessed to have the opportunity to check this project off the list so early. The basement was finished early this summer (June-ish) but we waited on the furnishings a few extra months.
Now we have a wonderful space where we can enjoy movies, wide-open spaces for play, room for an office and an extra bedroom for guests.


Project #2: Get Baby (#2) Brower's room prepared.
Since we moved the office to the basement, we decided to shuffle rooms a bit and Jack scooted across the hall to the former office and we made Jack's room the baby's new room. I completed a paint job (which turned out splendid, but I will never attempt again) and my dad helped put up a chair rail.


Project #3: Complete Jack's room.
We moved furniture and put up new pictures.... still a few more to do, but overall this room was the easiest. He loves it and didn't miss a beat (sleep-wise) when he moved rooms. The goal is the "All American Sports Room".

Some may remember these prints sold by the YMCA approx 20 years. My parents had these up in the attic at their house and I'm thrilled we can put them on display in Jack's room. Right now, he is into all things sports.

It's not very often I post pictures of our home.... makes me nervous for safety reasons. However, having a home alarm that we use religiously makes me much more comfortable. We have never had problems, but I'm of the opinion.... safe rather than sorry.


5 comments:
I am so glad you shared HOME pictures! I love all of your ch ch changes! But my absolute most favorite is the new Brower Baby room. Those argyle-ish triangles turned out awesome. You are so talented! Love ya
You are ready girl! I can't believe the basement remodel. It looks so different! Everything looks great. Best wishes for a restful remainder of your pregnancy. Much love!
can't wait to see your preg belly. :) you look great! love the house pics. everyone is curious on house, thanks for sharing!
such exciting times! like the baby's room! you do good work, chica!
Babies room is adorable...your house looks adorable!!!!
Post a Comment