Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bob The Builder... and his Pet Giraffe???

I am a few weeks behind giving a Halloween update, but that's what 2 kids, not much sleep, busy work week and a sick little one do to you. We didn't make it to all our requested Halloween stops, but we did manage to go to 5 places in Washington and attend 1 Singleton Family gathering all dressed up. Jack went as Bob the Builder this year and Nolan went as Bob's pet giraffe. Not sure how all that fits together, but that's what we had to work with, so that's how it ended up.

A cute story on Jack..... he was all dressed up and ready to go when he said "Mom, we forgot the most important part" to which I said "What's that babe?" Jack looked back at me and in all seriousness said "I don't have a builder's map - how am I going to build a house if I don't have my map." I chuckled, folded up a solicitor's return envelope on the table and stuck it in his tool belt and all was well. This is a good example of the fact that men may not read or ask for directions, but little boys have enough sense to!


Here is our trick or treating crew. Daddy went with Jack around our neighborhood once he got home from work.


Also in this post are some recent fall snapshots... nothing fancy... that I took of my niece Addy. In between a few pictures of her, I snapped a few of the boys. Soon after this, all 3 kids had some kid of nasty cold (all different versions of the cold) but it landed this poor girl in the e-room.





My Boys - Nolan 2 months


Jack - 3 years


I laugh when I look at pictures like this because I swear when Jack comes around, trying to hold/kiss/love/play with Nolan, every bone in Nolan's body tenses up as if to say "What's getting ready to happen to me this time?" And I must admit, Jack is a loving child, but if I were Nolan, I would be doing the same thing!




Catching a smile. Nolan started smiling and cooing at about 8 weeks. It's precious and mostly happens just after he has nursed and is laying on the floor.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Awww. I don't know how I missed this post. I love Jack. I feel like I know him through all of your great stories. BTW, Ali was covering up the Chocolate smudge on Jessie's shirt! ha ha I can't believe you didn't catch that at the time. They were acting hysterical over it. :) You were probably tending to little man Nolan. :) Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.