Wednesday, December 7, 2011

We've Been Hit!

We've been hit. AND. I. MEAN. HARD..... and where it hurts.................................

My Kids.

We have been battling sickness for quite some time now. Nolan got his first cold at 2 1/2 months old. It wasn't anything major, but a nasty cough that always sounded like he was going to choke on his own spit. The doctor prescribed a slight steroid dose to get him through it and after a week, he pulled through fine. But now it's Jack..... and this one is a WHOPPER. He can't kick it. We are on day 10. Day 1-4 were spent with a fever, Day 5-10 have been vomiting with intermittent fever. He refuses or desperately fights oral medicine and pukes every time it's forced upon him. Any ideas? Anyone? Can you hear me?

Flavored medicine's don't matter. The only thing I can hide the orange medicine in is Gatorade. The grape Advil I can't hide in anything.... he spots/smells it a mile away. Just tonight, Jack asked for a Popsicle and asked me NOT to put any medicine in his Popsicle!

I'd love any suggestions.... thinking of trying Jello tomorrow. My theory is that if college students (such as myself at one time) could hide alcohol in jello, so could a mommy trying to get her 3 yr old to take medicine!

Here is a picture of Jack over Thanksgiving while Uncle Graham was home and Grandpa Joe took them hunting.





We've been spending a lot of time in the basement lately and this was Jack (pre-sickness) the way I found him sipping his drink. By the way, Jess sits just like this when he is deep in thought!


I got to visit with a good friend, Blair Kendall-West and her husband and little boy Caleb. Caleb is about 2 months older than Nolan.


Nolan took his first road trip with my mom and I to St. Louis. I had a training class there for Edward Jones and I wasn't ready to leave my littlest for a whole 3 days. So my mom graciously took off work to come with me and watch Nolan. It was also her birthday while we were there, so we celebrated with shopping and dinner out! We came back with a vehicle stuffed to the brim! Nolan was great during the ride out and back, slept almost the entire time!






And now the sick pictures. I was baking in the kitchen on Sunday, knowing that both my boys were in the living room watching TV. After about 5 min of not hearing a "peep" from either, I got worried and went to check. This is what I found...... angels....... 2 sleeping kids.


Nolan - 3 months - waiting for Christmas!


Photobucket

No comments: