In preparation for our upcoming trip here is what Jack has been up to. He's a little timid when it comes to water so we decided to call in reinforcements.
Ellie did such a great job with him. He swam with a life jacket most of the time and swam with floaters one day too. There were a few tears shed.....most because he didn't like the idea of floating on his back or jumping into the water with no assistance. It was also fun to put Nolan in there with him and make it a competition between them.....Jack seemed to forget about his fears.
On the 2nd to last swim lesson I found myself promising things to get Jack to do his exercises with Ellie.....this proved not to be my greatest idea. These promises included jumping off the diving board feet first, head first, going down the slide and lastly a flip off the diving board. The flip ended up being the last straw..... I was pretty sure that when I came up for air I had either pulled a muscle in my leg or dislocated my shoulder! It was fun, but reality sunk in that I am no spring chicken.....or at least not one in shape.
On the last lesson Daddy came along and Jack thought that was really special!
This past weekend I snapped a couple of shots at one of the boys' favorite places to play.....Great Mama's and Great Papa's. They love it there......playing with tractors and combines and seeing their cousins! I love these pictures and their the first I have with them and both boys.

2 comments:
Awww. I bet he is a cute little swimmer. I don't know why...but I can't see the pictures. They wouldn't upload for me. ???
should work now!
Post a Comment