Monday, April 16, 2012

Graduation and Florida - Part I

Florida was fun, but boy was it exhausting! Jess, my mom, Jack, Nolan and I flew from Indy to Orlanda, while my Grandma Jo and dad drove. Reason being.... we needed a vehicle while we were down there and also needed one to move Graham's things home.
You see, the whole reason for the trip was to celebrate Graham's recent college graduation, see his school and enjoy a bit of sunny weather (although we were having plenty of that at home at the same time).
The plane ride was uneventful, with both boys sleeping the whole way (Jack even slept during the landing). This first picture is upon our arrival at the hotel... there is just something about hotel beds that scream "play, jump, belly-flop, dance on me!"

Our first night there, we drove to Downtown Disney and ate at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant... good food, nothing special. We enjoyed just walking the shops and checking out the scenery before Jess, Graham and I went to that night's cirque du soleil performance (which is always awesome!). We did enjoy some time in this store, Legoland, and got to see some really neat, tall, vast, crazy characters/objects built from legos! Like this one!
The next morning we went to the beach at New Smyrna. You may know this better as the Shark Bite Capital of the World..... no joke.... we were told they were the kind of bites that require stitches, not the kind that ripped your leg off.... how comforting. And by the way, Graham didn't tell us this until we left the beach!
Here is a cute picture of our family of 4. Jack loved the beach, but wanted to be close to an adult the whole time, loved jumping the waves. Nolan didn't love it so much, but usually loves the water.
Toe-dipping.
The night after the beach, we went to Graham's GradFest and enjoyed watching their film projects they've been working on all year long.... mostly short movies. It's amazing how talented these kids are!
Here is the graduating class pictured at GradFest. His school was called Full Sail University and he received a B.S. in Film during his 21-mo program. We are so proud of him. Now it's off to bigger and better things!

Pictured with my mom
Family picture outside the school
Part II of the trip is yet to come, and will include some Disney pictures.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Oh my goodness - Full Sail University was where I got my Master's Degree! I have never known anyone from around here that has gone there!!! I did all my course work online, but I would have loved to go there and visit!! So cool and thanks for sharing!