Sunday, May 6, 2012

Picture Overload! Florida - Part II and Easter 2012

We spent one day at Magic Kingdom in Disney World. Jess, Jack, Graham and myself  really enjoyed ourselves, while the rest of the crew, including little Nolan, stayed back at the hotel. It was really nice to give Jack some special attention and enjoy the day!



This was one of the souvenirs Jack came home with... he just HAD to have it (Handy Manny chainsaw). He begged to take it everywhere... he even slept with it!


The boys really enjoyed the swimming pool at the hotel. I was glad we invested in those swim lessons for Jack before going. He seemed very at ease in the water. Nolan is the exact opposite of Jack when Jack was little.... Nolan LOVES the water, LOVES to splash, LOVES to dip his head in, etc... I really have to watch him closely!


Jack meeting Pluto... this was a good meeting... unlike the Mickey and Minnie meeting just moments before. Jack was a little unsure of Mickey and Minnie since they weren't talking and maybe it's my fault for not prepping him, but after taking the picture, he stood there looking at both of them like "now what?" and then jumped up and bopped Mickey in the nose! I was thoroughly embarrassed because on the bus ride to Disney that morning, I was talking to him about meeting Mickey and Minnie (he is a HUGE Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan) and he told me he was going to bop him on the nose! Maybe I should have taken him more seriously!


Jack and Uncle Graham waiting for the Snow White ride. For the record, going back to these rides as an adult, some of these rides a little creepy. This is one of them!
As always, he loved the carousel.


And the tea cups.

Jack loves to explore. So the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House was a hit. I always enjoyed this too!

An oldie, but a goodie..... The Country Bear Jamboree.... Jack loved this!



We went back to the hotel in the middle of the day to let Jack take a good nap, then went back to Magic Kingdom for a few hours in the evening - enough to ride a few rides, eat supper and take in the Parade of Lights. Jack loved this... when the castle lit up and fireworks were going off, he said "it's just like the start of all my Disney movies"! Precious!



Here is Jack standing next to a "spikey tree" outside of Graham's school.


As you can tell, we had such a fabulous time. It wouldn't be made possibly without Graham (a reason for us to go) and his hard work, my dad and mom and Grandma Jo (for all their help with the boys and organizing the trip) and Louise Goddard, who through her generosity helped it come together.

Now I switch gears and go (back) to Easter Sunday. Jack hunted eggs and had so much fun. The Easter bunny hid eggs really high in the swing set and when I asked Jack how he got up there, Jack said (very matter of factly) "Mommy he can hop really high!"


He was surposed to find a few larger gifts on the porch, specifically a weed eater and a fishing pole.


It was a little windy and cool for Nolan that morning, but we braved it to watch big brother enjoy himself.


My boys, one enjoying it and one not-so-much.

Jack is a great big brother. I really cannot brag on him enough. He always wants to hold, hug, kiss, entertain, and help with Nolan. I have tried and tried to teach him how to change diapers... but we just aren't there yet.... I guess that just means more practice!


And who could forget those piercing blue eyes. So beautiful!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looked like such a fun vacation! And those two boys are so flipping handsome! Thanks for sharing Tara! (P.S Glad we got to see you the other night even if I was kind of deathly ill still and probably said some crazy things. Next time I want to try that beerita!)