Sunday, January 18, 2009

Abby's Shower


















Jess, Jack and I all made the trip home for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I think we are really being spoiled – we have spent a lot of time with family and friends over the last month. It makes us realize how eager we are to move back home.

The reason for this trip centered around 1 person – one of my best friends, Abby Armes-Baker. We through her a baby shower on Sunday afternoon and boy were there a lot of people and babies! I think I counted at least 8 babies under 5 months old and a few more little ones running around! The shower was at Abby and Brent's new house – they just moved in a few months ago. It was such a nice way to show off the house and enjoy the shower. Plus, we didn't have to lug all those wonderful gifts to her house after the shower.

Abby made her own cake and it tasted delicious. She's been into cake decorating since college. A bunch of people were involved in helping with the food and decorations: Abby's sister-in-laws – Jen, Kara & Crystal, friends – Mandy, Brittany, Shaya, her mom – Kimmy, her mother-in-law – Janet, myself and my mom. A big thanks to all of them – it was a big undertaking because this was her 1 BIG shower. She received some great gifts including lots of clothes, books, gift cards, a stroller, a swing, crib bedding, a rocking chair, and much more.

Baby Baker is set debut sometime around Feb. 11. They don't know boy or girl yet – they plan to be surprised. However, for what it's worth, I am going to go ahead and wager my bet on a boy! My mother's intuition didn't work for my pregnancy, so I going to try again with Abby. Can't wait to meet the little "guy".


An update - Abby is due in 3 weeks and she went to the Dr. on Friday and she is already 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Baby Baker could be here sooner rather than later!























Photobucket

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Tears were in my eyes as I read about the wonderful shower. I wish so bad that I could have been there. Hope to make it home to see the BABY a few days after he is born. I'm actually going with a boy too!